Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Godbound Sheet?

Edited 1523438647
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey folks! I'd like to know if there's any interest in a new version of the Godbound sheet. I've been playing Godbound for a bit now and created a sheet for our group because the published one was insufficient and buggy. I'd like some feedback on whether this would be valuable and wanted. Here are some of the features and what is looks like: Completed Features Sheet handles Characters, NPCs, and Factions. Autocalculation for Ability Points, Attributes, Saving Throws, Max Hit Points, and Armor. Repeatable fields for Facts, Attacks, Weapons, Wealth. Repeatable fields for Words, Gifts, Miracles, and Artifacts. Toggle for description fields and broadcast for Words, Gifts, Miracles, and Artifacts. Repeatable fields for projects, separated by sheet type (PC, NPC, and Factions). Scripts that calculate Resources (Effort, Influence, and Dominion). Script for separate calculation of Effort for Artifacts. Script and random selection button for NPC Tactics. Scripts that calculate Faction Trouble. Modifier prompt for roll buttons. Damage Chart on the sheet and roll template. Success or Failure display on roll templates. Missing Features Accurate damage calculation for multiple damage dice.

Edited 1523386726
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I'd say the sheet and roll template looks impressive, and the amount of automation sure seems nice.  In general Roll20 prefers that there would exist only exist one sheet per game system, so is it possible to include some or all these fixes on the existing ones? Just a small FYI so it's not a surprise when you make a GitHub pull request and it's not instantly approved. The original sheet haven't been updated in two years, so it would be more or less safe to rework the sheet, as long as a sheetworker to move the old attributes to new ones are made so existing games wouldn't be affected.
This would be excellent, I've had an awful time trying to get the old Godbound sheet to work.
Please upload this somewhere, the old sheet is an absolute mess
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I will upload this to my Google Drive in case anyone wants to use it for their game. Note that some features are still incomplete, notably a rolltemplate for multiple damage dice in a single attack has proven difficult.&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kxztmhuge2vCEArl" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kxztmhuge2vCEArl</a>...
Would love to get a new character sheet for Godbound.
This looks 1000% better than the old one with the incorrect formulas. What gods must we appease to get the PR approved?
Yes I really want this please! The one in there now is unusable. Who is in charge of deciding which sheet is the default sheet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If sheetworker scripts are made to migrate most info/stats from the old sheet to the new, this could overwrite and upgrade the old one.&nbsp;
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure where to start on scripts to transfter stats from the old sheet. If I use the same attribute names, most of the info should be safe, but fieldsets are a different story and I'm not sure what information would be lost. I'm a complete novice when it comes to scripts, so I don't dare overwrite the old sheet right now. If anyone could direct me to a novice-friendly place to learn what's needed for such a script, I could take a look and give it a valiant attempt.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Axel said: If I use the same attribute names, most of the info should be safe, but fieldsets are a different story and I'm not sure what information would be lost. Yeah fieldsets are a whole another thing, I get you are hesitant with any of this. I haven't yet leaned almost anything about sheetworkers so I can't offer any help atm. I have the feeling we should have some guide for how to do transfers but not sure.

Edited 1526039468
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on how things are set up, it can be pretty complex to get the conversion to work if you haven't scripted before. I have an easy pattern for doing simple variable renaming somewhere, but repeating attributes are a bit more involved. There's another option: if you don't want to or cannot make it work, but your sheet is just better than the existing one, roll20 will often allow you to deprecate the existing sheet and put yours online instead. Concretely, this means that any existing game using the old sheet would continue to be able to use it, but users would only be able to select the new sheet from now on. (This means users will have to transfer things to the new sheet manually, of course).
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Jakob said: There's another option: if you don't want to or cannot make it work, but your sheet is just better than the existing one, roll20 will often allow you to deprecate the existing sheet and put yours online instead. Concretely, this means that any existing game using the old sheet would continue to be able to use it, but users would only be able to select the new sheet from now on. I quite like this option, and we have 5 people in this thread wanting this sheet(and would use it), which is quite a lot coming from a smaller system. And of course, if the game developer is contacted, their approval of the nicer sheet would guarantee this gets approved. I think there have recently been a few new sheets with backing from the developer or even called "official" in that sense that might have replaced old sheet.
I've been testing the sheet for Axel and it's excellent. Very easy to use and it looks great. Honestly, I can't imagine playing Godbound without it.
Is there any chance Roll20 will use the new sheet any time soon? I really want to play Godbound, but the current sheet is very inconvenient.
This looks great. Any chance of this becoming the official sheet? It looks great.
FYI, I made a request that this be the sheet for Godbound. This is what the Roll20 folks said: "There is no official roll20 godbound sheet. Only a community made one. The sheet author just needs to submit it to the repo and explain to the dev in charge of the PRs why it should replace, or exist side by side with, the current one. This can be done in the pr itself or by emailing <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>"
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for posting that reply, Robert. It clarifies a question i had, since I want to post a sheet for a system but there's an existing one. People on the forums sometimes say you cant add a second - despite many systems already having two or more sheets.&nbsp;
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Alright, since there seems to be some interest in my sheet for Godbound, I will post a pull request soon and ask to have my sheet as a second option.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Or do you guys think that I should ask it to replace the old one even though some attributes won't be migrated?
Could you tell them that either option would be alright? I'm not sure which choice would make it easier to get the sheet approved :(
I hope it gets approved. Godbound looks amazing. I read through the free pdf and immediately bought the hardback.&nbsp; The only reason I haven't played it is the lack of VTT support for it. Thanks a bunch for your efforts on this.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Axel said: Or do you guys think that I should ask it to replace the old one even though some attributes won't be migrated? Since people have mentioned the current Godbound sheet has major flaws, and isn't being updated, I'd suggest just replacing it with yours.

Edited 1529401828
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Axel said: Or do you guys think that I should ask it to replace the old one even though some attributes won't be migrated? Ask for replacement. Link to this thread where several people are begging for this to become the default.
I just made a character for a new Godbound game and the sheet is really working against me on updating my HP and other little issues. Yours looks really nice and I'd love for it to be the new default
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Joe F., the original author, has told me that I should go ahead and replace his sheet. I'm preparing to do so, and will hopefully have the pull request ready by this weekend.
I don't know what Godbound is, but for some reason poked my nose in here, and just had to say, that's a gorgeous character sheet. The detail is awesome.

Edited 1529430813
Axel: Awesome! Jeremy: Here is the free version of the rules (only missing a few bits from the full version). LINK
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Axel said: Joe F., the original author, has told me that I should go ahead and replace his sheet. I'm preparing to do so, and will hopefully have the pull request ready by this weekend. Nice! Remember to summarize in the pull request all the good reasons for this to replace the old one, along with linking to this thread and quoting the original author and it will likely go through on the first try.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hey Axel, it'd be very appreciated if you could make a post once you have word on the update, I'm looking forward to it

Edited 1529779196
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I was just working on my update and noticed that user Dauthdaert on Github already posted a bug fix to the sheet yesterday. I applaud their work, but I still hope that my overhaul will go through. Otherwise, I will try again to post my work as a new sheet to go alongside the original one. I have now posted the pull requests for my updates to the README, HTML, and CSS files, and here they are:
Thanks for this, Axel. I hope it goes through.
I just closed my PR for the bug fixes to the sheet. Hoppefully that will make your changes even more likely to be approved.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Alright Wayan! I'm sure you put a bit of work in, so you're real cool about this. Thank you for the endorsement.
I'll just add my voice in asking for this to become the new character sheet for Godbound, as it appears to be a significant upgrade over what we currently have.&nbsp; Also, cheers to Axel for making a great sheet!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Robert said: FYI, I made a request that this be the sheet for Godbound. This is what the Roll20 folks said: "There is no official roll20 godbound sheet. Only a community made one. The sheet author just needs to submit it to the repo and explain to the dev in charge of the PRs why it should replace, or exist side by side with, the current one. This can be done in the pr itself or by emailing <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>" Just want to clarify that that was my statement, and I in no way represent Roll20.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you Scott. I understand and I've heard the same statements before. I've actually already published a sheet for a game which had an existing sheet (Warhammer 2nd edition), so I think I have some awarenss of how this works. I may look over my pull requests again and see if I can improve my comments on why they should be accepted, but I didn't post a new sheet - I made an update to the existing sheet.

Edited 1530132233
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet update has been approved! My sheet will now be the default Godbound sheet. Please note that this will forcibly change all existing games to use my version, and user will lose some data! Many of the attributes I've set have the same names as the previous version, but there will still be loss of data for everyone! You all seemed ok with this, so I hope you're all ready for this change. My contact information is available on GitHub, although I'm not logged on very often, you can send me a message here, and I will set up a separate forum post for possible bug reports going into this transition. Thank you to everyone who endorsed my efforts, and I look forward to seeing this update transfer from GitHub to Roll20 shortly.
Thank you for making an awesome sheet, Axel :)
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
The new sheet now seems to have been transferred over and I've posted the bug report thread in the forums. Good luck with your Godbounding everyone!

Edited 1530507071
sorry, I'm a bit of a newb. how do I get this sheet in a game? thanks in advance and for your hard work Edit: never mind! I think I have it handled!