Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there any way for the GM to change the page he is looking at without opening the page menu?

Edited 1523634015
Hi everyone! wondering if there is any script/ piece of code that can change the page the GM is seeing - and without opening the page menu that is built-in. it is just way too messy when using a lot of pages... I am using the map changer script, and I can cleanly switch the page the players are in. but it seems like the GM is just too overpowered, and the page he is seing cannot be changed. I would love to have the ability to change the page simultaneously with my players.
Nothing? I want to change the selected page, basically. The page with the blue frame in the GM game.
I would like this too.  A command I could put into a macro on the macro bar to call a script, I click one button and change the page.  Seems like it should be possible.  Maybe one of the scriptomancers could take this on?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At least from reading the wiki (which is often wrong about things), this is impossible to change via the API.

Edited 1523714457
Man.... it's weird how the players can switch between pages effortlessly and the GM has to fumble through all the pages. Thanks for the replies!

Edited 1523720275
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, can confirm that there is no automated way to do this. There is an api accessible property that says what the last page accessed as gm by each player was (essentially what page that gm is currently on), but it is read only. It's functionality I'd really like to add to Page Navigator, but unfortunately, it's not possible.
@Scott C. thanks for the confirmation, its settled then.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm not sure what your use case is, but you can achieve this with some clever bookmarklets.  How do you want this to work?  Is there a specific page you want to go to and come back from? For example, you could setup this bookmark to take you to the page named "Random Battle - Tavern": javascript:$("span:contains('Random Battle - Tavern')").parent().children()[0].click(); and this one to take you to where the player ribbon is: javascript:$("div.playerbookmark").parent().children()[0].click(); That only works in Chrome, but there are possibly other solutions...

Edited 1523900458
At the very least I wanted to follow the player ribbon around. so that last bookmark is great :) thanks The Aaron! Ideally I would use map changer in the same way players can - click a button (customizable), load new map. My specific use case: I have a huge sandbox map. I cannot memorize where each path takes the party, neither do I want to scroll through all the page to get to the next page. So I use Map changer to move the party to the right place. I would appreciate me going to the new map before the players arrive there - to check that everything is setup correctly. that is why using Map Changer's full functionaility even as a GM would be great.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Aaron said: That only works in Chrome, but there are possibly other solutions... O Firefox, you fickle mistress...
gui8312 said: At the very least I wanted to follow the player ribbon around. so that last bookmark is great :) thanks The Aaron! Ideally I would use map changer in the same way players can - click a button (customizable), load new map. My specific use case: I have a huge sandbox map. I cannot memorize where each path takes the party, neither do I want to scroll through all the page to get to the next page. So I use Map changer to move the party to the right place. I would appreciate me going to the new map before the players arrive there - to check that everything is setup correctly. that is why using Map Changer's full functionaility even as a GM would be great. label your maps name Scene 1:1 scene 1:2 scene 1:3 etc??
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It would be more work, but probably this could be handled in consort with a bookmarklet that finds the last output from the API of a particular format to give the name of a destination.

Edited 1523905211
@Nover C. I am talking about a sandbox map. There is no numbered order for all the regions if the party can go north, northwest, up, down, into building 1 or building 2, etc :/ And the maps are named in a very consistent way, but it still would not help with getting to the maps in seconds. @The Aaron I have never worked with bookmarklets, I should check a few guides then!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
They're just a collection of Javascript code that gets executed when the bookmark is selected.  Very handy and slightly dangerous, which is probably why firefox doesn't allow them.