Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Zooming in on large maps issue

Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok. I make big maps. Not huge, but big enough that zooming out to 10% is needed. Problem is, when you zoom back in, the map randomly recenters and you have to scroll around trying to find areas. The zoom in function doesn't remain centered on the area you were centered on when zoomed out. Also - suggestion. When zoomed WAY out, the ruler tool is unreadable. I would love it if the ruler tool could be read when zoomed out.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Paul, how are you going about zooming in? Alt + Mouse Wheel or through the magnifying glass on the toolbox? Or are you getting the same result regardless of zoom technique? Also, which browser are you using? Have you tried using other browsers to see if this is prevalent across the board?
I get this issue too, using Chrome. And yes, I use the magnifying glass. It may just be an issue of being 'hard to aim' but it seems random. And the ruler tool? Yeah, that's something that's been suggested before, but +1 to that (even tho it's the wrong forum for suggestions.)
I have this issue as well, regardless of the zoom method I use. Mine always seems to take me to the bottom right or very near to it. I'm using Chrome as well.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kristin, I use chrome and firefox on Mac and Linux and have the issue in all variations. Haven't tried zooming with the mouse wheel. Always just used the magnifier tool.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also - group members I play with mention the same problem. Not sure about their configuration.
Same for me using the magnifier tool using chrome and firefox on pc and chrome on android.