Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Card Decks - prev["_currentHand"] is always undefined.

Edited 1523883666
I have used the on("change: event many times. I was always able to use the previous values (before the change) as well as the new values. I am now setting up a script that would be much more resource efficient if it could detect the difference between players re-arranging their cards and changing the cards they have. That is why I wanted to compare the hand they have now with the previous hand - but I always get the value of prev["_currentHand"] as undefined. is this a bug? am I doing something wrong? Here is my code, abridged. on("ready", function() {     "use strict";          on("change:hand", function(obj, prev) {                sendChat("CardsEquipment","/w gm Hand changed!");                                    var playerWithHand = findObjs({_type: "player", _id: obj.get("_parentid")})[0];         var charactersControlledByPlayer = findObjs({_type: "character", controlledby: obj.get("_parentid")});         [code hidden for forum post]         var currentHand = [];         var currentHandStringLeft = obj.get("_currentHand");         // prev["_currentHand"] is always undefined;         // log(currentHandStringLeft);                  log(obj.get("_currentHand"));         log(prev["_currentHand"]); [rest of code hidden from froum post]

Edited 1523902868
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
With the recent changes to the API, the documentation is outdated: {    "obj": {       "currentHand": "-KYHr_xnaiqIPlhOVNjg,-KYHpZutcaghHAImMb-s,-KYHrOe-I9m1btsF7JWp,-KYHqDQ788vRkfP-61Em,-KYHqpDla6NaUP3qbKpv,-KYHr2TmQrmwab-20oW4,-KYHqyya9cD-0KBxb5ei,-KYVjSZkB9s2FwuomMS2,-KYViNRM0y_EG5d_HzTN,-KYVhihRnjfhmhTqG8f3,-KYVkRB1aeaa61_VULzu,-KYVgpI8Ww3cG_eyotyh,-KYVf5zGomKyLt2jtz77,-KYVkRB1aeaa61_VULzu,-KYVeXQSc13SoTnRRIDh",       "_type": "hand",       "_parentid": "-JS3qKxIUPHLzSbK24ve",       "_id": "-JcG5Jj8u7IYZiuPgTc4",       "currentView": "bycard"    },    "prev": {       "currentHand": "-KYHr_xnaiqIPlhOVNjg,-KYHpZutcaghHAImMb-s,-KYHrOe-I9m1btsF7JWp,-KYHr7nCDF-4CzvXLgtS,-KYHqDQ788vRkfP-61Em,-KYHqpDla6NaUP3qbKpv,-KYHr2TmQrmwab-20oW4,-KYHqyya9cD-0KBxb5ei,-KYVjSZkB9s2FwuomMS2,-KYViNRM0y_EG5d_HzTN,-KYVhihRnjfhmhTqG8f3,-KYVkRB1aeaa61_VULzu,-KYVgpI8Ww3cG_eyotyh,-KYVf5zGomKyLt2jtz77,-KYVkRB1aeaa61_VULzu,-KYVeXQSc13SoTnRRIDh",       "_type": "hand",       "_parentid": "-JS3qKxIUPHLzSbK24ve",       "_id": "-JcG5Jj8u7IYZiuPgTc4",       "currentView": "bycard"    } } Since currentHand is now writable, it has lost it's _.  Try: on("ready", function() {     "use strict";          on("change:hand", function(obj, prev) {                sendChat("CardsEquipment","/w gm Hand changed!");                                    var playerWithHand = findObjs({type: "player", id: obj.get("parentid")})[0];         var charactersControlledByPlayer = findObjs({_type: "character", controlledby: obj.get("parentid")});         [code hidden for forum post]         var currentHand = [];         var currentHandStringLeft = obj.get("currentHand");         // prev["currentHand"] is always undefined;         // log(currentHandStringLeft);                  log(obj.get("currentHand"));         log(prev["currentHand"]); [rest of code hidden from froum post] Incidentally, since the _ is optional on Roll20 objects, I highly recommend not adding it to avoid this sort of issue in future cases.  This wouldn't save you from the problem with the prev object, but I feel it's a good practice regardless.  Note that events still require the _, such as on('change:player:_online',...) (Edit: I updated the documentation for this case...  I'll try and look for other cases)
Thank you :)