Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Call of Cthulhu] Easy One Shot - Dead Boarder - Friday, April 27 at 7 PM EDT / 23:59 Apr 27 UTC

Edited 1523958355
Lex
Pro
Date: Friday, April 27, 2018 Time: 4 PM PDT / 6 PM CDT / 7 PM EDT / 23:59 Apr 27 UTC If the date and time are no good for you, let me know when is! I may run the scenario again if there's interest. <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180427T18&p1=64" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180427T18&p1=64</a> I am a GM looking to start a group for an easy one shot (a game that takes only one session to complete). This is great for beginners or experienced players looking for an extra taste of CoC. I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs, and hosted many one shots on Roll20 as well as a successful months-long campaign. This will be my second time GMing this scenario, and my second time GMing Call of Cthulhu. The scenario is meant as an introduction to the game system as well as the setting. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal for the one session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Campaign Features The adventure focuses on role-playing, exploration, and mystery with some light combat. I expect the session should take 3-4 hours, but it could be a bit shorter or longer depending on how things unfold. If you've never player Call of Cthulhu before, check out the free Quick Start Rules <a href="https://www.chaosium.com/free-quick-start-pdf/" rel="nofollow">https://www.chaosium.com/free-quick-start-pdf/</a> Stop reading when you get to the scenario The Haunting, in case you want to play in that one! Campaign Background The game is set during the Great Depression in Providence, Rhode Island. The players are tenants of Ma Shanks' Boarding House. One of the other tenants has not been seen from in at least two days. A group of concerned individuals has formed to request the landlord pay the man a visit. Character Creation The session will use pre-generated characters that are integrated into the scenario. Everyone will play as a tenant at the boarding house. The characters will be available in Roll20 for you to pick which one you think suits you. Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) What made you pick my LFG post? 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Why paid GMing? Defray the content costs. I'm hoping to use the money to buy some Marketplace content on Roll20 and more RPG materials. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing

Edited 1523925662
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I am 21 and I live in Arizona. I am not super experienced like some of you veterans, but have I played about 10 sessions of 5e and a couple sessions of Pathfinder a couple years ago, but it did not continue due to scheduling conflicts. I am eager to jump in and try some new games. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I love the freedom and creativity. There are no other games that allow you to make any decision you want to and see how it turns out. The interactions between players and NPCs could go any way based on how the players are feeling or how devious the DM wants to be, so it’s always a surprise. Also, I love rolling dice. 3) What made you pick my LFG post? I picked your post because you have a lot of experience, the day/time fits, CoC looks like a fun game that I want to try out, and I've already played with you before.&nbsp; 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes

Edited 1523926133
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hi my names Steve, I live in a part of Essex , which is a London suburb in the UK. I too&nbsp; with the COC&nbsp; back around 1980, but haven't played since&nbsp; I discovered roll20 last year and have played 5e and Traveller a bit. Would Love to play the current version of CoC.&nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? coming together and solving problems with&nbsp; people who may begin as total strangers and end up being more than just disembodied voices from the ether. &nbsp; 3) What made you pick my LFG post? I have played&nbsp; in your games before and enjoyed them. There is a consistency in how you GM and you prep for your games effectively&nbsp; 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes&nbsp;
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I'm Dan. I'm a musician-turned corporate sellout-turned college student who is looking for an excuse to put off writing my paper due this week. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I enjoy doing something really impressive for my team, then turning around and failing a roll, immediately being humbled. It's the whole range of emotions, right?&nbsp; 3) What made you pick my LFG post? I've played games run by you for a while now, so I have come to expect that you will prepare as diligently as you always do, adding your own spin and creativity to enhance the material beyond what is written. No pressure, right?! 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience My name is Chris.&nbsp; I've always been a board game player, but my RPG experience is very limited. One or two games of D&D.&nbsp; No campaigns.&nbsp; I have recently found CoC and am excited by it.&nbsp; I have been reading Lovecraft non-stop since.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Since my experience is limited, I would have to say it is the more personalized experience.&nbsp; With a board game, you get the&nbsp;randomness of dice and a minor thematic story.&nbsp; But, with the tabletop RPG you get a better story and better memories.&nbsp;&nbsp; 3) What made you pick my LFG post? Your post on the Chaosium discord server. I have the night free and the time slot was perfect.&nbsp;&nbsp; 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes

Edited 1524067298
Lex
Pro
Thank you all for the applications! We still have seats open if anyone else is thinking about joining!

Edited 1524190401
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience pretty new. for the last month and a half ive been in a weekly game. im 25 from california 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? i really like the role playing. you know doing things you would or wouldnt do in a scenario, and the freedom in the games, like in video games your held back by the limitations of the game but in ttrpg's youre really not 3) What made you pick my LFG post? ive benn trying to play a game of coc for 4 months and never get into one 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? yes the time works out for me btw
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hi, I am really new to Roll20 and I found roll20 as I was looking for a place to play CoC. I played CoC once before many years ago and since then I always wanted to try it again. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? The RPG allows me to be another person and join a team that is going on an unusual&nbsp;adventure. I can't have this experience in real life.&nbsp;&nbsp; 3) What made you pick my LFG post? Beginners&nbsp;friendly CoC game that is scheduled&nbsp;very convenient for me. 4) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? YES :)