Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with Ad&d Sheet 2nd Edition

Hi Is there anyone who can help me solve this error when trying too run API’s? “Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: Error setting up custom sheet: TypeError: First argument must be a string, Buffer, ArrayBuffer, Array, or array-like object. I am running Advanced 2 nd Edition sheet made my Seth.
Are you running multiple scripts?  You can try disabling them, then re-starting them one at a time to see which one is causing the break.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It sounds like there's an issue with the sheet worker scripts in the character sheet you are using. If it's the sheet by Seth Farra, aka SFX, it seems like it's not being supported any more.  This is its thread . It sounds like it's probably broken.
Looks like it is the sheet worker script that i the problem. I have disabled all scripts, and the error is still there. Too bad the sheet is not supportet anymore. I liked it. Do you run another custom sheet or the one provided in Roll20? We play Birthright and there were several functions that was nice in the sheet from Seth.

Edited 1523815977
Gold
Forum Champion
Someone like Vince, or Gargamond, might be able to fix this when they have time, if SFX isn't around. Hopefully members of the community will see this thread. I personally use the AD&D 2E (Simple Sheet) so I have not seen this issue yet. It sounds like you are talking about the AD&D 2E (Advanced Sheet) version, made by Seth as you said, which indeed has more for Birthright gaming.
Yep, i use AD&D 2E (Advanced Sheet). I try and ask them thanks for the tip.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have a look tonight after work.  I'm not familiar with the sheet and JavaScript/sheetworkers are not my forte... so no promises. ;-)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One thing I notice: it has two script blocks, which is a no-no. You should move the code from the first script block and put it in the second one, and remove that first block. The sheet makes extensive use of the The Aaron Sheet script, which i don't understand how to use, so I cant really help beyond that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As GG stated, it looks like it just needed to have all sheetworkers contained within a single sheetworker script.&nbsp; Did that and the api error went bye bye.&nbsp; Also noticed some inline style typos and fixed those as well. PR made.&nbsp; Should be updated mid-week. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Thanks :) It is great to have a community that is able to help. If you ever find yourself in the northern parts of Norway, I always have a cold beer in the fridge. (or a glass of soda for the none drinkers)
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks again for addressing issues like this, Vince. Very helpful to the community. Noticed & appreciated.
Do you know when the sheet will be ready for use?
Sorry, I am relatively new to roll20 and I am having a strange problem with AD&D sheet, I suppose I can ask help here. I am having the weapons of my characters defined in their sheet with all the relative bonus. If I use the roll button in the sheet than everything work properly. However, if I am calling the same weapon as an ability "token action" using this code "/w gm %{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll}" than a +2 damage bonus is added arbitrarily, even ignoring previously setted damage bonus&nbsp; The most annoying part is that this happen only for some of my characters and I cannot understand why! Can you help me?Thank you un advance.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Karl-Martin P. said: Do you know when the sheet will be ready for use? It's live, but apparently I did not include my change to the sheetworker script in my pr. I'm not sure how that happened, since my other 58 bug/typo fixes were included.&nbsp; Very sorry.&nbsp; I have submitted a new PR for next week.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... As a Pro, you can copy my updated html and&nbsp; css ,&nbsp;change your game's character sheet template to custom(paste html and css) until the repo's code is live next week if needed. Again, very sorry. ;-(

Edited 1524555760
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simone T. said: Sorry, I am relatively new to roll20 and I am having a strange problem with AD&D sheet, I suppose I can ask help here. I am having the weapons of my characters defined in their sheet with all the relative bonus. If I use the roll button in the sheet than everything work properly. However, if I am calling the same weapon as an ability "token action" using this code "/w gm %{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll}" than a +2 damage bonus is added arbitrarily, even ignoring previously setted damage bonus&nbsp; The most annoying part is that this happen only for some of my characters and I cannot understand why! Can you help me?Thank you un advance. Off-topic 1e info; Is this in regards to the AD&D 1e sheet Simone?&nbsp; Assuming it is, if you enter&nbsp; "99" in your damage bonus on the first attack (row 0) and make an attack using the sheet's attack button, do you see the bonus when you hover over the inline roll in chat?&nbsp; Now, if make the same attack using your macro&nbsp;"/w gm %{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll}" are you still seeing "2"?
Thank you Vince. I am using "1st Edition and 2E". I entered 99 in my damage bonus and used the sheet's attack button and I can see the bonus correctly added. However, using the macro I am still seeing "2". Moreover, in the meanwhile I noticed that for different characters the bonus is different. It seems that the macro is adding the bonus in the ability list instead of the ones in the weapon box. What can I do?

Edited 1524555745
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Off-topic 1e info; I think I found the problem.&nbsp; The ability damage mod for STR uses the same attribute name as the one inside the repeating weapon/attack.&nbsp;@{DmgBonus}&nbsp; So, when you roll from the sheet, it pulls all the attributes from within the repeating attack (the local attributes) Great.&nbsp; But if you try to roll from outside the repeating section using an off-sheet macro it finds the non-repeating attribute first and is grabbing that value instead of the repeating attribute that you want.&nbsp; ugh.&nbsp; That may be a bug with how roll20 is looking for attributes.&nbsp; Not sure.&nbsp; However, it's good practice to make all attribute names unique in/out of repeatinging fields. I'm surprised no one has noticed this until now. ;-)&nbsp; &nbsp;Thank you.&nbsp; I'll need to make a few changes to the sheet to fix it properly.&nbsp; I haven't tested this, but you can try just deleting the attribute&nbsp;DmgBonus from the attributes and abilities list and leave the STR based damage mod field empty. I'm thinking your macro will not find the&nbsp;DmgBonus and then look in the repeating attack for it, where it should find the proper value. Another solution; For now, to create a better/more accurate attack macro(because it utilizes the rowID of the attack), you can drag/drop the attack button to the macro quickbar(enable the quickbar from the collection tab if needed).&nbsp; BTW: you can rename and colorize quickbar buttons. You may be fine just making your attack from the quickbar... but if you want to use the quickbar attack macro in your own token macros; Make a quickbar attack, then click within chat input and use the UP arrow to reveal the last command sent to chat.&nbsp; You'll see something like "&nbsp; %{Conan|repeating_weapon_-LAeQNmKmvqovztv-6YL_attack-roll} "&nbsp; That is actually a better macro for making the attack since it includes the rowID(even when you rearrange your attacks it will always be linked to the proper attack) and it will only pull the repeating attributes ie the "proper" @{DmgBonus}.&nbsp; Now, you can use that macro instead of the more "generic" macro included in the sheet roll for your token macros for example, you'll see something like this; /w gm&nbsp;%{Conan|repeating_weapon_-LAeQNmKmvqovztv-6YL_attack-roll} instead of /w gm %{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll}
Thank you! It seams to work! Even if it is still present a strange error. It seams that, in order to work properly, I have first to type 0 in the weapons that have no bonus. Exept for that it worked perfectly! Thank you again.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Off-topic 1e info; Fix for AD&D 1e sheet DmgBonus conflict has been submitted.&nbsp; Each repeating attack now uses "@{AttackDmgBonus}" so that external macros will not grab the static attribute DmgBonus located in the STR row in abilities.&nbsp; A migration routine will automatically convert any repeating_weapon DmgBonus values to AttackDmgBonus and will search and replace "@{DmgBonus}" with "@{AttackDmgBonus}"&nbsp;on each attack's macro-text. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...