Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Web camera bug reportsss.

Firstly since it's not a topic of conversation in the video... Raymond (the only one without webcam input) has done like EVERYTHING to fix his web camera. Using different browsers, uninstalling java/flash and re-installing, changing settings on his web camera... and all sorts of other things I forgot about. Essentially, his camera used to work fine until we upgraded to the dynamic lighting system in our campaign, and I'm pretty sure it's correlated. Second, This only happens to one of our players, and I caught our reactions on video as we witnessed it for the first time. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQgkQHYmyA&feature" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQgkQHYmyA&feature</a>... I have gotten in the habit of reloading when someones webcam takes a dump. Usually it refreshes everything just fine for me but lately its gone wonkers for my friend. Since this started happening I have decided it's best to let HER reload since that seems to solve the issue... for a period of time. Pretty sure that should get looked at. Bug Reports yay!
Gid
Roll20 Team
When you upgraded to dynamic lighting, did it so happen to coincide with Roll20's Rugged Reroll, which was a mid December update? We altered the default video/voice chat device in Roll20 to WebRTC. WebRTC requires every user in the campaign to be using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox (WebRTC isn't currently supported on Safari - yet). You can change back to the older set up of Flash if everyone goes to their settings tab and changes their video + voice option from WebRTC to Flash.
I'll bring it up and see if it helps next time everyone's online and see if it helps. Thank you for your input.