Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

To the D to the M!

Hello R20! So I play in a IRL DnD 3.5 game, have played DnD 3.5, 4.0 next, and a little Pathfinder, and even DM a few games. I would like to DM a game here, I know 3.5 best, but would be up for anything. Would like 4 people either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on party and player choice. Would like to run it either during the day, before or around afternoon time (MST). If anyone is interested let me know what game, time, and character they would like to play. -Edit- So it looks like we are going to do 3.5 unless that's a problem. For character we are doing standard: Roll 4d6 drop the lowest. But then add a four to one roll of your choice. We are going to start you out on lvl3 roll for gold for your class then times it by two for your starting gold amount, buy all your gear with that except you get one free set of cloths, and a free adventures kit. Any questions plz ask me.
Hello, I'd love to join your game. Pathfinder is something that I'd really love to try out, I've only DMd for a few misc. systems and games throughout my experience with tabletops. Availability shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm UTC -5 and am good most nights and some afternoons/ mornings.
Hmm... anything for tonight..?
Sorry but no nothing for tonight. We would start next week or the following week depending on how fast we organize everything.
I'm a 3.5-er, new to roll20, but I have used maptools. I've played a couple campaigns and a few games, DMed my own campaign. If you're running 3.5 I'd be interested. To clarify, do you mean twice a week or once every other week by 'bi-weekly'?
Bi-weekly means every other week or 2 times a months. I'd like to run 3.5, 4.0 or pathfinder. any of those I'd be fine with, but its up to you guys. So far I have a few voicing for 3.5.
Yeah I think i'll go ahead and do DnD 3.5
Bump
hey, I'd be willing to join up, definitely 3.5 though.  what sorts of classes are you willing to use?  I've been itching to try on a factotum for a while now (from the Dungeonscape supplement). EDIT ahem sorry, I'm pacific time UTC-8, and I'm fine weekly or biweekly, weekends in the afternoon work best for me though.
well I'm not familiar with Factotum, but I'd like to stick to normal classes and normal races. But as long as the Factotum isn't far out there I'd be okay with it.
here, I'll post you a link here .  it's interesting, kind of like a fast track through multiclassing in just about everything without all the obnoxious experience penalties.  shouldn't mess too much with traditional party balance though, its kind of just a less rouge-y version of the rouge.  otherwise I'm fine with the usuals.
I'd like to join if you still have room.  What day would you be playing on?
So, I'd been waiting for applications to get accepted, but someone posted on my other thread they are all lost/never delivered. So after tonight's one off I signed up for just to make sure I know how to use roll20, I'm free to play.
Andrew what race will you use for your Factotum? Chris and James we do still have spots, but we haven't come up with a set day or day, but we are looking at monday, tuesday, or wednesday. Let me know which of those works for you and i'll pick a day.
I don't really mind what 'day or day' (lol), more wondering what time. I'm EST-(usa), so -5 UTC.
Sorry I meant day or DATE, but for time, most likely around noon (12, MST)
That's fine, only pointed out cause I'd thought you meant something else and wasn't sure what.  ^.^ So 3pm EST sounds good =)
So I guess the other question is what kind of game do you guys want?
Epic! Quests and killing stuff and loot and sprinkling of puzzle/traps and tactics and role-play. I'm more into kicking in the door and adventuring, not so much political intrigue...but story building/plot devices are good. jfyi I've done a good deal of the one off pre-mades.
I'm on board with james, though intrigue and adventuring are all the same to  me.  I prefer homebrew personally, but I'm up for anything.  also, for my character I'll probably be a human or a half elf, something nice and simple 
hm... as for the day I did some looking at my schedule and it turns out none of those three work.  any chance we could fit it in on the weekend, or maybe a little later on one of those days?
By not liking political intrigue I mean: I like history and such as a backdrop, A Stormy Night does this well (free level 1 adventure that I've played/run far too many times now). I like NPC's having a bit of flavor. The mouthpiece of the group (highest sense motive and diplomacy) can try to squeeze for information. Are they being truthful?  Dominated? What I'd rather not do is spend en entire session talking to npcs, there needs to be some action to move the story forward. One adventure I'm roughly written out in my mind...two warring parties of monsters are fighting, which isn't good for outside business, so you're hired to stop it. This gives you the options to complete the quest even more than a quest for the lost artifact does of a) trying to get the npc to work out their disagreements b) killing one side c) killing the other d) being particularly skillful and evil by all of the above...working it out, then killing both sides.
alright yeah I'm definitely with you there.  the whole endless NPC talk thing gets really tiring after a while, but the same can be said for nonstop rolling
Well, huge battle, takes an hour to wipe everything out...you collect you loot, then take some downtime going to shops and such.
So is this happening? Is it still being written up?