Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A command similar to GM Roll (/gr) that *only shows the result to the GM*?

Hi! I thought I saw this discussed in the past, but couldn't find it, and believe it currently doesn't exist. Is there a command like /gr (GM Roll) that rolls to the GM but the player rolling doesn't  see the result ? With /gr, the player and the GM see the result, but everyone else doesn't.  If the GM rolls a /gr then only  the GM sees the result (the GM being the 'roller' and the GM in this case).  I'm looking for something where the player rolls, but doesn't see the result - only the GM does. The reason is the players are considering rolling 'behind the screen' checks -- e.g., stealth, but not seeing the result (only the GM knows if they were successful).  If something like this doesn't exist, then the alternative option is for the GM to do the roll as described above... but GMs usually have enough to juggle so we figured we'd reach out and check if there's an option for a player to roll, but not see the result.  Thanks! Brett.
There is an API script, Blind Roll, that can do this, but it requires that the creator of the game have an active Pro subscription and the script installed.
Kyle G. said: There is an API script, Blind Roll, that can do this, but it requires that the creator of the game have an active Pro subscription and the script installed. Thanks Kyle!

Edited 1525055656
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I use Powercards, partly for this reason :)  (Again, is API script, requires Pro subscription)