Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chrome Issues

Edited 1525321068
Chrome recently has been having issues with Roll20, not just for me but  for a few people in my group.  It's almost like it's lag.  Slow responses overall.   Hardware acceleration has been swapped both on and off in Chrome settings to see if it was having an effect on Roll20.  However we were unsuccessful with our attempts to fix the jittery movement that resembles lag. Suggestions?  We've had to move to FIrefox for the moment as it doesn't seem to generate the same issue.
Hi Muckbuckle, What is the name of the game you are having this issue in? Does it persist if you start up a new game?

Edited 1525856638
5e and our Pathfinder game.  I've taken the time to verify that chrome and firefox are the latest versions.

Edited 1525857364
<a href="https://youtu.be/XBFSOOyqTi8" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/XBFSOOyqTi8</a> Made a short video so you could see slow response.&nbsp; Broadcasting has been disabled on mine, and everyone's setting as well.&nbsp; Not everyone but at least 3 of us have this issue. Gullonde. A World Reborn And yes it does persist.&nbsp; Doesn't matter if it's opening a document, character sheet, swapping tabs, clicking token it just has that really terrible delay.
I had the chance to have a look at the game. Unfortunately, I did not encounter any lag or slowdowns on my end testing on Chrome. I did see that there was a lot of archived pages and characters. This might be a contributor for the slowdowns as depending on the size of these elements the game is still trying to load them. Something to keep in mind is that Archiving does not actually remove them from the game, it just hides them from the journal and the page toolbar in order to clear up clutter. Aside from this, if you could grab a console log recording doing different actions (such as opening character sheets, handouts, etc.) it would certainly help here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Muckbuckle, since you are not a Pro user, you can't move currently unused characters to a&nbsp; Library Campaign . You can however "offload" them to the&nbsp; Character Vault and delete the local copy. You can also check to make sure that spellcasting characters do not have long lists of spells installed on their sheets.

Edited 1526455756
This was a new thing that showed up.&nbsp; What is this?
What's this?