Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with prompt values

Edited 1525336377
Hi experts, I am trying to create the following code for magic missile 5Ed: ?{Added slot | 0}d4+3d4+3+...Added slot It should give me a prompt with a numeric value to be chosen, then use this value to be multiplied by 1d4+1 and add this to the root value given by 3d4+3. What is the correct syntax for it? Thanks in advance

Edited 1525337045
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Alessandro, try: [[ 3d4 + ?{Added Slot}d4 + 3 + ?{Added Slot} ]] If you wanted all of the dice results as one figure and the bonus as another instead of all separate you could use: [[  [[ 3 + ?{Added Slot} ]]d4 + [[ 3 + ?{Added Slot} ]] ]] Queries values can be reused as long as the query is identical ( ?{Added Slot|0} is technically the same as ?{Added Slot} ) Check out the  wiki for more info :)

Edited 1525339018
Ziechael said: Hi Alessandro, try: [[ 3d4 + ?{Added Slot}d4 + 3 + ?{Added Slot} ]] Queries values can be reused as long as the query is identical ( ?{Added Slot|0} is technically the same as ?{Added Slot} ) Already tried it, besides it prompts twice (I want only 1 prompt) it doesn't work. Isn't there a way to reuse the query value? edit: [[ [[ 3 + ?{Added Slot | 0} ]]d4 + [[ 3 + ?{Added Slot | 0} ]] ]] is the solution! Thank you very much!