Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Creating my campaign from a pre-gen

Mike
Plus
Compendium Curator
So I've started working on using a pregen to practice setting up a D&D 4E campaign in Roll20. So I chose my favorite, Keep on the borderlands (B2). I wanted to drawup the keep for the players to see how large it is, and so I started to sketch it out, and it just seems so daunting. What is the best way to get the keep into a map, or multiple maps for the players to place their tokens. I need helps.
I would recommend using tile kits, you should be able to piece together a pretty good representation with those. The Roll20 marketplace has several, you can also search around on the web. Some out there are free to download.
The castle map, the Caves of Chaos and the wilderness map are all easily availible on a google image search.
Mike
Plus
Compendium Curator
Brett E. said: I would recommend using tile kits, you should be able to piece together a pretty good representation with those. The Roll20 marketplace has several, you can also search around on the web. Some out there are free to download. Tile kits would be useful for the caves of chaos. Askren said: The castle map, the Caves of Chaos and the wilderness map are all easily availible on a google image search. I started with the Keep map. But it is gigantic. 1 square is 10 feet. Going to have to break it up somehow. Not sure how.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael said: I started with the Keep map. But it is gigantic. 1 square is 10 feet. Going to have to break it up somehow. Not sure how. Pretty much any image manipulation program should be able to break it up for you, although some might require more effort on your part than others. GIMP is free, and MS Paint comes bundled with Windows (although Paint would require some real patience to get the breakup right). If you break up a map image into smaller pieces, I recommend you break it up into a grid of at least 3x3. That way, no player will be loading more than 4 tiles at once (when they are looking at the corner between several), unless they are zoomed out far enough for a tile to be smaller than the screen size.