Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Chat Set Attribute to set a value as text

I'm having trouble trying to set an attribute to read: "@{Dave|Strength" Replacing the @ with a ' works great to prevent the system from reading it as an attribute but when I replace the | with a # the system tries to parse the text so that "Strength" becomes the maximum value of the attribute.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"#" is set to have the same functionality as "|", it is not  a replacement character. If you want to include a vertical bar inside the value of an attribute, you can escape it instead: "\|". (Side remark: if you want to replace @ you have to use "`" (slanted quote) or "\at", not "'" (single straight quote)).
Thank you!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome. Unfortunately the syntax can be a bit arcane at times, because I decided to write my own parser for the chat and because API scripts have to deal with roll20 automatically replacing parts of the input.