Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LfP for an Iron Kingdoms game (European time).

Edited 1391861794
Hello! I'm looking for 1-2 players for an upcoming IK game. I already have 2 players, and will run the game if I get 3. The game sessions will be held on Mondays, 6PM GMT +2. Maybe, if everyone will be able to, and I'll have time, we will be able to schedule a second game on any given week, but it's highly uncertain. What do you need to join the game: 1. A desire to play (duh!) 2. A working microphone for voice chat. 3. A skype account (we will be using a skype conference for voice chat). 4. A free Monday. 5. You must be a fun and friendly player. 6. You must be punctual (5 to 10 minutes late is OK, as long as it does not happen every time). What you don't need: 1. Knowledge of the system or the setting (you can learn on the go, the system is quite simple). 2. A webcam (I do not own a webcam, so I'll not be using video, and will not demand if from others). What will be provided by me: 1. Punctuality (I dislike when people are waiting for me). 2. A story (I hope it will be a good one). 3 A friendly and fun GM (that will be me). What I will not provide: 1. Railroading. 2. Favoritism. 3. Perfect English (my English is OK, and three groups I play with claim it's enough to GM a game, and I should not worry... maybe they are just trying to be nice). If you are interested in the game, please post in the thread. Any questions or suggestions will be answered as soon, as I get them. If you would like to hear me in person, you can call me on skype (skype name: vnergalv). So, a lot of people may ask: "Just what the hell is Iron Kingdoms?" Here's my summary of the setting and system from another topic. In places it's not very serious, so I ask you to endure. OK, so, Iron Kingdoms. It's a setting first and foremost. It's a world in which magic and technology collide. A world of 3 meter tall steam golems and arcano-mechnical machines. The setting was first created for D&D 3.0. Then it came out as a miniatures wargame. Now Privateer Press rebooted their RPG line, using a system derived from the wargame. The game engine is quite simple, and follows the principles, used in the wargame (no grid, measuring with a tape or a ruler). Even the ruleset is just an expanded wargame, that got additional stats, skills and gear bolted on to it. The characters are created by: 1) Choosing a race: Human, Rhulfolk (Dwarf), Iosan (Elf), Nyss (another kind of elf... ice elf, I guess), Gobber (goblin/gnome/kender hybrid), Trollkin (something in between a human and a troll) or Ogrun (an oversized human). 2) Choose an archetype: Mighty (hit it until it stops moving), Skilled (a rogue, basically), Intellectual (think a lot, coordinate allies) or Gifted (cast spells, pray to gods, kill stuff with mind bullets). 3) Pick a combination of 2 careers. The core book got 30 careers, additional books have something like 20 more between them. The career combination will give you your starting abilities, skills, gear and money, and also govern your progression. If you want to play an Inquisitor - pick Investigator and Priest. A military steamjack mechanic - Field Mechanic and Soldier. A noble knight? Noble/Knight, duh! Main differences of combat is griddles movement and character facing. Combat is quite tactical, without turning into roleplaying chess, like DnD 4E (sorry, 4E fans, I just don't like 4E combat). A lot of equipment has special rules, that create a feel that you are using different stuff, and not just a "weapon" that deals slightly different damage (I'm talking about knockdowns, knockouts, setting people on fire or blinding them.) Well, in this system you can command huge steam powered golems, who smash faces. The setting is quite interesting, with distinct nations and races. There's a lot of stuff to discover and investigate, and just a lot of stuff happening. Some of the stuff that the Iron Kingdoms setting has: * An empire of half-mechanical undead, ruled by an ancient dragon/god. * A horde of mutated winter elves, blighted by an offspring of the said dragon/god. * A theocracy, that likes to kill stuff with fire and crusade from time to time. * MOTHER RUSSIA with bears and vodka! * Hidden cult of druids worshipping an ancient avatar of predation. * Scary humanoid conqueror race, that could invade form the east. * A scary human nation of necromancer/vikings from beyond the western ocean, that had enslaved the Iron kingdoms for 600 years, and were driven out 400 years ago (but they are still out there). * A cult of a Clockwork Goddess, whose priests transfer their souls into mechanical bodies.And more cool stuff!
I am extremely interested in playing this! I have been looking for a different game to play and on a Monday and this is PERFECT! I have been playing Pathfinder for about a year now and have over 1000 hours on Roll 20. I am in the GMT -6 TZ and it will be 10am my time, but that is perfectly fine for me to get up and be ready to play!
OK, then you should contact me via skype so that I can add you to the skype chat and we can discuss the details on the upcoming Monday.

Edited 1391873925
I have sent you a request on there. My name will either show up as Austin Knoob or GamerKnoob
hy im very interested in joining :) although i have never played this setting or system? is it like pathfinder? so if you still have room inv me? xD
Contact me via skype, and we will talk.
Thanks, guys, the recruitment over for now.