Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Stars Without Number: Revised Edition] Sheet version v2.0.0

Edited 1526204170
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Based on the existing SWN:Revised sheet v1.6.2 by  Karlinator , we have developed a new, more aesthetically pleasing (in some eyes) version with new custom roll templates and a more compact sheet (shoutout: UI and roll template design by  Panzer ). Change log v2.0.0 Complete sheet HTML/CSS has been re-done for a more compact look Edit/Display mode toggle at the top of the sheet Roll template overhauled Many attributes were renamed or otherwise reorganised (seamless conversion) Chat menus for easy access to all sheet macros Ship sheet now has tracking for power/mass/hardpoints, as well as weapon attacks NPC sheet now has repeating sections for attacks and special abilities Added i18n support Source Code/Testing The code is available on  Github , though it is still in a beta stage until release. We are planning to submit it to Roll20 for next week if everything works out; there should not be too many bugs left over. Nonetheless, I'm of course happy to receive more bug reports, in particular about conversion bugs from v1.6.2, if someone wants to do some more testing. A live test game is available under this  Join link .
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice. Thanks!
With all do respect, why was it considered a good idea to remove the roll macros from the sheets and make it into something you have to click to put into chat and then click again. So we now have to do another unnecessary click. Also I am extremely salty that I lost all the stuff I had in my myriad of NPC sheets.

Edited 1526541859
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James said: With all do respect, why was it considered a good idea to remove the roll macros from the sheets and make it into something you have to click to put into chat and then click again. So we now have to do another unnecessary click.  All macros on the sheet still exist, though they may have changed name. The chat macros are just an extra option you can use. Also I am extremely salty that I lost all the stuff I had in my myriad of NPC sheets. All NPCs should be converted upon opening, but unfortunately there seems to be an uncaught bug about converting NPC sheets. I'm very sorry about this! (This particular bug only occurs for NPC sheets, not PC sheets). Good news is: all your data is still there. Once the fix is in, all NPCs sheet will convert when you open them. Bad news: it might be up to a week until you  anyone who is not pro can get access to it. I've paged the roll20 devs if they can get a bugfix live before next week. We'll see. EDIT: In fact, as a pro subscriber, you (and anyone else affected who is also Pro) could grab the fixed code (HTML, CSS, translation.json) from  Github right now.
Thanks for the reply Jakob, I suppose with all new roll-outs there are bound to be unforeseen problems. I will say that the new sheets do look a lot more aesthetically pleasing and more cleanly laid out. Looking forward to the fix rolling out.

Edited 1526541458
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The fix is now live! v2.0.1 Fixed a bug preventing successful conversion of NPC sheets. Fixed a bug that prevented extra effort from taking effect.
Hello! Amazing job, love the quick menus and the new glorious ship sheet! But i am having issues with the NPC sheet, its only using the weapon profile when attacking instead of adding the creatures natural AB, not sure where i should be leaving this info so i will dump it here. :p

Edited 1526561960
Eric
Sheet Author
Thanks for the feedback. Already fixed thanks to Jakob.
Hey, newbie here with the charsheet/template. I noticed that almost all, if not all my ships template, that were taken over from the previous sheets had their weapon quick menu showing in chat with no weapons.  It was a quick fix by simply adjusting a value in each of the ship's weapon table (power/mass) and that made the weapons appear in the weapon quick menu. Let me know if I am asking these questions in the wrong place. I nNoticed that these templates works very well and I started fiddling with them.   I noticed that using ^{test} will result in [test in red text], which is nice, and that begs the question, is there a place where I can find more text formatting options for these specific template. Also trying to make some of my macros use the save-failure template (ie. Macro for Torching / SpikeDrillMishap / ShipCrisis).. not sure I can. These sheets have been amazing so far,  thanks for all the hard work ! :)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback! The best place to put specific issues is probably the  issue tracker , but here works fine as well. I've forced a recalculation of the ship macro in the update now. About the templates: the [red text in brackets] is actually missing translations, which works somewhat by accident! This is not template-specific, this is actually given by Roll20 (we cannot add our own formatting options in this way). Also trying to make some of my macros use the save-failure template (ie. Macro for Torching / SpikeDrillMishap / ShipCrisis).. not sure I can. If you want to use the save template, there's two options, one for save (roll over or equal), one for morale (roll under or equal). In any case, you need to supply two things to the roll template, either &{template:swn-save} {{charname=whatever}} {{title=whatever}} {{save=[[15]]}} {{dice=[[d20]]}} or &{template:swn-save} {{charname=whatever}} {{title=whatever}} {{morale=[[15]]}} {{dice=[[d20]]}} depending on which variant you want. The constant property here is the threshold, the dice property contains the dice roll you're comparing against.
Thanks Jakob,  the save and morale save is helping me a lot for my macros. Also thanks for letting me know that I can use *text* to italicize and **text** to embolden text formatting :) 
Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it?
Jimmy said: Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it? Looks like the roll template assumes you have chat avatars turned on. If you re-enable chat avatars (under the Gear icon in the right-hand pane), the templates should work. Jakob will probably be able to fix that up soon, I would imagine.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Jimmy said: Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it? Looks like the roll template assumes you have chat avatars turned on. If you re-enable chat avatars (under the Gear icon in the right-hand pane), the templates should work. Jakob will probably be able to fix that up soon, I would imagine. I didn't even know that this was possible to fix! Thanks Rabulias, I looked into this, and there's a (totally undocumented) method which can be used to get the templates to display correctly in either setup. I'll implement it for the next major version.

Edited 1526778077
Edit: Saw other posts. Guess yall know about it.  Bug in sheet makes it look ok for some of us and some, like myself, see things off in the chat. Seems the ".sheet-rolltemplate-swn-default, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-attack, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-skill, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-save" margin of -41px does this on my machine. It is a samsung galaxy 10.6 book, windows10, chrome. If others in my game edit this CSS their items look bad. For me it cuts out the first bit of text on the left side of the whole thing.  Thoughts? img: 

Edited 1526792467
I could really use some help with the roll templates. &nbsp;I'm not super proficient with this stuff. Can anyone give me some advice on updating my ship battle macros? &nbsp;It would be greatly appreciated! My API buttons are overflowing out of the roll template. &nbsp;I was just curious if there was something I could add to make it all contained inside the template. &nbsp;I have images in each macro as well, but as you can see below, they are cut off by the template. I don't mind just taking the images out if there is no way to fix them, but any help would be appreciated! &nbsp;Thanks! &{template:swn-default} {{charname=Bridge Actions}} {{title=(<a href="https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg</a>)}} {{ =**Current CP** = @{selected|command_points} **Bridge** [Escape Combat -4](!#bridge-escape-combat) [Evasive Maneuvers -2](!#bridge-evasive-maneuvers) [Pursue Target -3](!#bridge-pursue-target) **General** [Above and Beyond](!#ship-above-and-beyond) [Deal With Crisis](!#ship-deal-with-crisis) [Do Your Duty +1](!#ship-do-your-duty)}} **Bridge** [Escape Combat -4](!#bridge-escape-combat) [Evasive Maneuvers -2](!#bridge-evasive-maneuvers) [Pursue Target -3](!#bridge-pursue-target) **General** [Above and Beyond](!#ship-above-and-beyond) [Deal With Crisis](!#ship-deal-with-crisis) [Do Your Duty +1](!#ship-do-your-duty)}}
I have a question and a bug to report. Question: Can I roll individual attacks with a single click from the character sheet, or only from the quick menus in chat? Bug: Quick menu macros seem not to be able to find the appropriate character sheet if the character's name has quotation marks in it. &nbsp;Not a huge deal at all, but I figured I'd make y'all aware. A character in my campaign had his name set as Richard "Nervous Ricky" Hawkins, and his quick macros wouldn't work. &nbsp;I took the quotes out and it worked fine.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thomas H. said: Thoughts? As Rabulias said, you need to re-enable chat avatars. In the next future version, it will work with chat avatars turned off, but for now they need to be turned on.

Edited 1526799343
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Charlie: try &{template:swn-default} {{charname=Bridge Actions}} {{title=(<a href="https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg</a>)}} {{desc=(enter your macros here)}}

Edited 1526798632
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Charlie Chopshop said: I have a question and a bug to report. Question: Can I roll individual attacks with a single click from the character sheet, or only from the quick menus in chat? Bug: Quick menu macros seem not to be able to find the appropriate character sheet if the character's name has quotation marks in it. &nbsp;Not a huge deal at all, but I figured I'd make y'all aware. A character in my campaign had his name set as Richard "Nervous Ricky" Hawkins, and his quick macros wouldn't work. &nbsp;I took the quotes out and it worked fine. Of course you can roll individual attacks, just click on them outside edit mode. About the quick macro, we won't be able to fix that. You can probably use some Unicode typographic quotes (e.g ”) to still have quotes in the name. Roll20 doesn't have a good way to escape a character name for whispering, the best the sheet can do is wrap the name in quotes, which naturally doesn't work well if the name itself contains quotes.
Of course you can roll individual attacks, just click on them outside edit mode. About the quick macro, we won't be able to fix that. You can probably use some Unicode typographic quotes (e.g ”) to still have quotes in the name. Roll20 doesn't have a good way to escape a character name for whispering, the best the sheet can do is wrap the name in quotes, which naturally doesn't work well if the name itself contains quotes. Excellent!! Thanks so much Jakob! &nbsp;The new sheet is great! &nbsp;Thanks for your hard work :)

Edited 1526842596
Jakob said: Thomas H. said: Thoughts? As Rabulias said, you need to re-enable chat avatars. In the next future version, it will work with chat avatars turned off, but for now they need to be turned on. yep, I did it and relayed the info to my crew. so all good.&nbsp; One more thing. The text fields for the Psy techniques remove all character returns/formating. It use to keep the formatting. Makes it hard to read.&nbsp;
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thomas H. said: yep, I did it and relayed the info to my crew. so all good.&nbsp; Great! One more thing. The text fields for the Psy techniques remove all character returns/formating. It use to keep the formatting. Makes it hard to read. Yep, that's a problem. Will fix it. (To be precise, you're referring to the fact that returns entered into the text field do not remain when you leave edit mode, not to returns mysteriously vanishing from the actual text field, correct?)
Jakob said: (To be precise, you're referring to the fact that returns entered into the text field do not remain when you leave edit mode, not to returns mysteriously vanishing from the actual text field, correct?) Yeah. The formating inside the field when you expand it to show the textarea underneath. When I go back to edit mode all the formatting is still there, so data seems to retain information. I believe it is just a display error, but couldn't figure out how to change on the front end styling.&nbsp;
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thomas H. said: Jakob said: (To be precise, you're referring to the fact that returns entered into the text field do not remain when you leave edit mode, not to returns mysteriously vanishing from the actual text field, correct?) Yeah. The formating inside the field when you expand it to show the textarea underneath. When I go back to edit mode all the formatting is still there, so data seems to retain information. I believe it is just a display error, but couldn't figure out how to change on the front end styling.&nbsp; Okay, good, thanks for checking in again. It's a missing { white-space: pre-wrap; } in the CSS in this case, the solution is just 1 line :).
There is an issue with shock damage for anyone with the Unarmed Combatant foci using an unarmed attack. Shock damage won't appear in the roll results unless the number in the shock damage field is not zero. But for anyone with the Unarmed Combatant foci, shock damage = Skill+Str/Dex. So to get Shock damage to appear when you roll the weapon you have to input a number into the Shock damage field which results in an incorrect shock damage value.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kase said: There is an issue with shock damage for anyone with the Unarmed Combatant foci using an unarmed attack. Shock damage won't appear in the roll results unless the number in the shock damage field is not zero. But for anyone with the Unarmed Combatant foci, shock damage = Skill+Str/Dex. So to get Shock damage to appear when you roll the weapon you have to input a number into the Shock damage field which results in an incorrect shock damage value. Thanks for the report Kase. I think I'll add a checkbox for shock instead of assuming shock based on the shock damage field.
My sheets have completely stopped responding to alterations. If I change a character's attributes, the bonuses don't update, nor do the saves or max system strain, etc. If I create an NPC sheet and select a template from the drop down, the sheet doesn't populate with the stats. Changing levels doesn't adjust saves. Basically anything that should respond to changed values, doesn't. Likewise, when a new sheet is created, the dynamic values just stay at whatever their defaults are, regardless of any edits to the manual fields. When creating a new character sheet, the "Attributes & Abilities" tab is completely blank. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem. When I edit a manual field on the sheet, the appropriate entry appears under "Attributes & Abilities," but this doesn't fix the issue with the rest of the sheet populating. So for example: On a new character sheet if I change Constitution from 10 to 14, the Constitution Modifier should go from +0 to +1, System Strain should go from 10 to 14, and the Physical save should go from 15 to 14. None of that occurs for me. Everything seemed to be working fine a couple days ago. The sheet will still roll with the values it has, and characters created before it broke work fine until I need to change something, but I can't create new characters or update existing ones.

Edited 1527017828
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the report. There's something wrong, but I'm not exactly sure what. The exact same code that works in my test campaign now doesn't work live, as if someone had left out all the sheet workers. These problems may or may not have something to do with the fact that Roll20 seems to have forgotten to update the translation files this time (???). I'm trying to contact them. Since everything tests fine for me, I'm not really sure what could cause this. (and, since you're pro, you can take the code as a custom sheet from&nbsp; Github instead, which works).

Edited 1527021102
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update: Issue resolved. Roll20 forgot to push the updated translation files, causing sheet workers to fail. Now everything works again. Version 2.1.0 Additions Added option to disable modifier queries globally. Added button to roll hit points. Added weapon encumbrance tracking. Added ammo maximum for weapons. Weapon shock damage can now be toggled independent of base being 0 (for Unarmed Combatant). Added option for automatic ammo reduction (requires ChatSetAttr). Bugfixes Attribute modifiers are now recalculated upon conversion from v1.6.2. Roll templates are no longer cut off when chat avatars are disabled. New NPC attacks should now receive the correct attack bonus. Line breaks in foci/technique/spell/cyberware descriptions now render correctly.
Noticed there is already an option to switch to First Edition skills (which is awesome!), so the question is - can we possibly have First Edition Saves&nbsp;and maybe descending&nbsp;AC * &nbsp;too? Would be wonderful if those could be made not automated, but with manual input for cases when SWN sourcebooks like Martial Arts which introduce Save bonuses are used (as in Ghost Walker aka "Space Ninjutsu" level 2 mastery for example). Having manual input and/or bonuses/penalties for Revised Edition Saves may likewise be a viable option as well! * I've tried to tinker with innate AC, but as far as I can tell decreasing it only gets your AC as low as 0+Dex modifier, so simply mimicking First Edition negative AC isn't really an option. In any case, thank you very much for your hard work! This character sheet is gorgeous!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RuleMancer said: Noticed there is already an option to switch to First Edition skills (which is awesome!), so the question is - can we possibly have First Edition Saves&nbsp;and maybe descending&nbsp;AC * &nbsp;too? Would be wonderful if those could be made not automated, but with manual input for cases when SWN sourcebooks like Martial Arts which introduce Save bonuses are used (as in Ghost Walker aka "Space Ninjutsu" level 2 mastery for example). I cannot speak for Night, but I have no plans of ever including first edition saves or descending AC. (IMO, there's a good reason they are no longer in Revised. Anyway, I don't want to spend my time on it). Having manual input and/or bonuses/penalties for Revised Edition Saves may likewise be a viable option as well! This is definitely coming in the future, we're working out a good interface for modifiers like this. In any case, thank you very much for your hard work! This character sheet is gorgeous! Thanks!
Hoping you can help with an integration of a macro into the attack template. I'm just not sure how to fix what I'm doing.&nbsp; When you roll an attack from the character sheet it gives the template response in the chat window that you're familiar with, showing the character's name, the weapon used, their attack roll and the resultant damage. When rolling from my macro, it only gives the resultant damage. I'm trying to get the same layout from the roll from the character sheet, and incorporate the macro: /me Fires the redneck contraption and &amp;{template:swn-attack} {{characterName=@{Mr. Jack Cullen|name}}} {{name=Laser Pistol}} {{rollValue=[[1d20 + @{Mr. Jack Cullen|attack_bonus}[AB] + 1[Weapon AB] + [[{{@{Mr. Jack Cullen|skill_shoot},-1}&gt;0}*(@{Mr. Jack Cullen|skill_shoot}+2) - 2]][Skill] + @{Mr. Jack Cullen|dex_bonus}[Attribute] + ?{Other Modifier|0}[Modifier]]]}} {{damage=[[1d6 + @{Mr. Jack Cullen|dex_bonus}[Attribute] + 0[Skill] + [Burst]]]}} {{shock=[[0]]}} /roll [[1t[Wild-Laser]]] I'm hoping someone with more experience can help me out...Thanks in advance!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Gwydo, looks like you're using template fields from pre-2.0, maybe? Some general advice incoming. When you make a roll from the sheet, you can press the up key in the chat window to view what the button on the sheet sent so that you can adapt it to your purposes. When you don't want to change anything, but you just want to duplicate the roll from the sheet, you can use the name of the built-in macro instead. The advantage to the first approach is that it will be kept up to date with the sheet automatically. For weapons, it is %{repeating_weapons_ ID _attack} (just use this instead of your second line), where ID &nbsp;is either the repeating row id corresponding to the weapon, or it is the row number, written as $0, $1, $2, ... depending on the row that your weapon is in.
Thank you! I'd forgotten about the Up key. And yeah, we upgraded from the original to the revised system when it released and I'm not surprised I still had some legacy stuff in the script. So that absolutely solved the issue of getting the attack into the template. However, I have to say the weapon ID thing is confusing to my non-coding brain, but it's working as is, so I'll call it a win. My only other question, and I'm not sure if it's possible (or if I should ask elsewhere), is there a way to get the table roll at the end included into the template, kinda like how the range and ammo is, (and is there a way to get the 0 and =0 removed from the end of the table roll?)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately, that's not possible. Rollable tables and roll templates do not interact well.
New to SWN and was wondering why the Revised edition Skills list does not include the core skills on the character sheet?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shahdoh said: New to SWN and was wondering why the Revised edition Skills list does not include the core skills on the character sheet? Could you be more precise? I'm not entirely sure what you are saying.
On the character sheet, you can choose which skill list to display, "Revised Edition", "First Edition" or "Neither". The Revised list seems to be short a large number of skills that are in 1st edition. The first one I was looking for was Navigation which is in the first edition list. One would think that the Revised edition would include the skills provided in 1st edition as well as the new ones or is there a reason why they are not included?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shahdoh said: On the character sheet, you can choose which skill list to display, "Revised Edition", "First Edition" or "Neither". The Revised list seems to be short a large number of skills that are in 1st edition. The first one I was looking for was Navigation which is in the first edition list. One would think that the Revised edition would include the skills provided in 1st edition as well as the new ones or is there a reason why they are not included? No, the skill list for Revised is completely different (and significantly shorter) than the one for first edition SWN.

Edited 1531076389
So, is navigation covered via piloting then? Reading through the book it still seems to call for navigation checks without it being made clear where the check comes from. Edit: Nevermind, I finally found the section talking about the conversion of skills. Thanks