Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Toggling Great weapon Master?

Hello there, I'm using 5e OGL sheet, and I'd like to create a token action button to toggle Great Weapon Master, is it possible? (My GM is pro, we can use APIs)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Is there a way on the Character Sheet to toggle it?  (Meaning, are you trying to duplicate functionality from the Character Sheet as an API command, or is this brand new functionality?)
Hum, I don't think there is, there is a global damage modifier (which I'm using for divine smite), and a global attack modifier, but it's a bit different from what I'd like to have. I was just wondering if a script could add and remove a -5/+10 to my weapons without having to do it manually every time. My current workaround is having a set of weapon for each situation but it's starting to get really big and unpractical.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Logan said: Hum, I don't think there is, there is a global damage modifier (which I'm using for divine smite), and a global attack modifier, but it's a bit different from what I'd like to have. I was just wondering if a script could add and remove a -5/+10 to my weapons without having to do it manually every time. My current workaround is having a set of weapon for each situation but it's starting to get really big and unpractical. The easiest way I could think of would be to add/remove -5/+10 to the global attack and damage modifiers via a script (you can keep the divine smite there as a base case). Would that be acceptable?

Edited 1526291523
I mean, beggers can't be chooser, so I'll take all the kindness you can give, but wouldn't that conflict with my current divine smite macro and toggle it on every time I want to toggle GWM? EDIT : Here's a screenshot of what it currently looks like if it's any help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Probably you'd need a script that has the various options you want in each of those boxes, knows how to combine them, and gives the option to toggle them on and off.

Edited 1526309918
You could put that Divine Smite macro inside the Divine Smite description in your "Features and Traits" section.  (assuming 5e OGL sheet?)  When you click on the "speech bubble" for that trait, it would run that macro.  So if you smite, just click that and there's your smite - rather than querying every roll before you roll it.  Then you could put your flat -5/+10 into the global attack modifier. Alternatively, both the Bless and your Divine Smite macro could just go into the description field of your attack. If you are blessed, add the rolled die, if not, ignore it.  Like I posted here .
Logan, post me a screenshot of your character sheet - specifically "Attacks & Spellcasting* The easiest way is to have another said weapon with WGM on it already - but if your list is long, we could probably find another workaround on shortening that into a Macro