Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using modules on podcast

I’m brand new to DM’ing, and creating my own maps and things is a little daunting (full-time job, kids, etc.). We want to stream a podcast on Twitch using the Roll20 platform, but if our podcast eventually makes money, will it be illegal at that time to use a module that we purchased through Roll20? If so, what types of licenses and things do we need to make sure we don’t get into trouble?
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hi Stefanie, The general consensus is that you can stream with the art packs or modules you buy in Roll20, preferably citing the author/packs used. I haven't seen any artist refusing to let someone stream, but you should let them know and ask anyway since that may not always be the case. Personally, I love it when I see people using my art :)
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Same as Nick, I would love to see people using my art assets, a simple shoutout and maybe a link would be enough (something like "Author of the module/art is ---- and a Link to his/her store is here"), also a link to the stream for me to watch :P
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'll echo what Nick and Dsurion said. I think most artists do not mind their art or modules being used in Streams or Podcasts. It only takes a few seconds to say who and where it came from or post a link in a description that gives credit to the artist/publisher. However if you are ever in doubt, it is always best to reach out to the artist/publisher to ask permission.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
If you have one of mine, feel free to broadcast it, but please send me a link with time and stuff so I can let people know about it. To be blunt, it's good advertising for creators.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I agree, it is wonderful exposure, and any coordination / letting me know is appreciated.