Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Book Purchases and Compendium

Edited 1526392977
If I purchase a book on roll20, such as Volo's Guide or Xanathar's, will info from those books be put into the compendium? Particularly for the purpose of dragging and dropping monsters and spells on to the character sheet? I have noticed that unique monsters & NPC's from modules do not get "compendium-ized" I hacve purchased adventures from Tales of the Yawning portal and entry fo them do not get added to the compendium.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Volo's and Xanathar's are compendium additions, so yes you can drag and drop them. From Volo's marketplace page : Bestiary provides game statistics and lore for nearly one hundred monsters suitable for any D&D campaign. Gain access to rules and story for dozens of monsters new to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, such as the froghemoth, the neogi, and the vargouille. Included in the Roll20 version of Volo’s Guide to Monsters: Brand new Compendium entries will unlock upon purchase, fully integrated with the D&D 5th Edition Compendium. Over 130 statted Tokens featuring original artwork from Dungeons & Dragons. Find these in the Compendium tab of the Roll20 tabletop and drag & drop into your game to add terrifying new monsters to your adventure! Delve into the belly of the beasts with all 7 monster lair Battle Maps from the book, set up in the included module. The module is advanced feature-enabled, with Dynamic Lighting on all 7 Maps. Designed for use with the Roll20 Official 5E OGL Character Sheet
Wait, there's a version of Xanathar's on the marketplace?  I didn't see one when I looked for WotC materials.  But yes, the monsters from Volo's all go into the compendium, with tokens attached, and can be dragged right into your game.  Note that the spellcasters don't come populated with their spells, to keep their character sheets from melting your computer.  So you do have to manually drop those onto those character sheets, or use a macro to populate them if you're using the 5e shaped sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Walrus said: or use a macro to populate them if you're using the 5e shaped sheet. Note, the macro requires the API script (Pro level perk).