Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Very Special Episode - looking for streamer

Naughty Zoot
Marketplace Creator
Hey all! I am proud to announce a new offering on the marketplace. It's called A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE. It is a one-shot rpg about writing a campy sci-fi TV show. Never tell me the odds! You moved like they do. Listen, do you smell something? You get to write all the trope-laden nonsense your little heart desires! Please take a look at it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://bit.ly/2IeSkby" rel="nofollow">https://bit.ly/2IeSkby</a> Also, I would love any feedback you guys have to offer. And one more thing: I would LOVE to find people who were interested in streaming the game. I am a little too shy to do so myself I think. But if anyone out there was interested in streaming the game I would be happy to talk about gifting the game to you. Please contact me if interested. Thanks everyone!
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Zoots. Did you release a demo of this or an earlier version previously, or invite me for a playtest? That nightclub bar looks so familiar from in Roll20. I'd be interested to stream a game session of this on <a href="http://twitch.tv/GOLDpublic" rel="nofollow">http://twitch.tv/GOLDpublic</a> my channel. Is it a GM'd or GMless game? Would you consider GM'ing it for me and my group on the first run through? It would be awesome to learn "Custodians of the Galaxy" system directly from you, and hear YOUR approach to tropes to really see the potential with author's intent. We can stream when you're there, if you agree to. With video, or just with voice and no video to secure privacy and confidence. Message me.
Naughty Zoot
Marketplace Creator
Gold, To answer the questions in a public fashion: -A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE is, in fact, a re-release of PICK YOUR POISON with updated rules, GM handouts and a few other minor tweaks. -It is a GMed game. I'll send you a PM about working out some sort of a streaming situation. Thanks!
Gold
Forum Champion
Hey Zoot. Can you also clarify the difference, overlap, or compatibility, with the full-size Custodians of The Galaxy RPG product / module? Seems like this is intended as a One-Shot, and intro to Custodians of The Galaxy (your own system?), and the one-shot Episode also contains (all? starter set?) of CoTG -- the rules -- along with the one-shot (episode? adventure?).&nbsp; If so then what will be offered extra apart from this in the larger CoTG package that isn't a one-shot? Figured these would be good questions to ask on the open forum. Meanwhile I will be messaging you back to set something up for a possible stream game, intro, demo, playtest, first run.
Naughty Zoot
Marketplace Creator
Great questions, Gold. Thanks for asking. -Rules Overlap: 100%. A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE (AVSE) and CUSTODIANS OF THE GALAXY (COTG) have the exact same rule set included. You get the entire RPG system with both products. AVSE also includes a quick reference "RULES LITE" if you want to get started a little quicker. -Module Overlap: 0% AVSE is a self contained Barroom romp lasting roughly 4 hours. COTG is a 60 hour adventure spanning dozens of locations -Compatibility: 100% You could add the bar from AVSE into COTG easily. You would need to change the fictional details a little but the assets could easily transfer. The tokens provided in AVSE are cartoons whereas the tokens in COTG are digital paintings...but they are totally compatible. -The one shot (AVSE) could serve as an introduction to the system. But mostly it was written to be a bite-sized bit of fun. Light introduction to the system but the expectation is that you would need to read the rules before play so that your game time can be reserved for play. -The campaign (COTG) actually does a LOT more to teach the system during play. You can start playing with ZERO preparation and the game teaches itself as you go. In fact, not knowing the rules becomes part of the gameplay in interesting ways. I'll go one step further...(spolier) in COTG the GM is, in a way, also playing the game. if you GM COTG without any prep, you, as the GM, will fall down a rabbit hole with its own mysteries and at the end of the game you might feel that you (the GM) lost! My intent with COTG was to do something almost entirely new in RPGs. -AVSE is not included in COTG -COTG contains: ...29+ unique location maps (I forget the exact number) something like that. Some are enormous. There are 120,000+ map hexes in COTG. The car chase map is over 1 mile long with 10' "squares". That's Some have dynamic lighting. Some have "animated" parts. On the asteroid map the asteroids move! -sort of. It's hard to explain here. Oh screw it. The asteroid "map" is a stack of 28 fully painted full sized maps. Each turn you click the top map and SEND TO BACK revealing the next "slide" which includes new positions for the asteroids. There is PLENTY of documentation in COTG. To give you some idea, the word doc equivalent is 300+ pages. Having said that, it is all set up to guide you through. You don't need to read or understand anything in advance. In a couple of places the documentation is Pick-A-Path: I provided tips hints and ideas for a variety of scenarios that might arise. COTG has several distinct endings (not just in different colors). It is possible for the players to survive COTG but still feel that they lost.... It's a lot. One of the Roll20 staffers told me that COTG was EASILY the largest non-licensed product on Roll20. Honestly, COTG is a several year long passion project with at least 2000 hours of work put in (and I can document most of that number). It is massive. The maps are all digitally painted. There are 100+ unique character tokens (not including variations). I could ramble forever. I am tempted to quote the Roll20 staff member I corresponded with but I don't want to put that person in an awkward position. Suffice it: They were very complimentary about the scale and caliber of the offering. I humbly suggest that such compliments are justifiable. What's more...as proud as I am of the mountain of artwork included and the 100's of macros and special features and all that...I think the one standout for me is in the story. I've never played a game that attempted something like this. To say more would spoil it.&nbsp; Take a look: <a href="https://bit.ly/2IeSkby" rel="nofollow">https://bit.ly/2IeSkby</a> Ask me more questions! It makes me feel loved...