Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Donating to the DM Question

My group is all pitching in to buy Storm King's Thunder so i can run it. Is there a way that they can do this through roll20, or will they have to send it through Paypal or something silmilar?
As far as I know you can "Gift" marketplace purchases to another account but it has to be done by ONE person so one player would have to have all the cash available in an accepted format to buy the marketplace item.
gotcha. Thats what i was thinking. Just figured I would ask others that have done purchases before.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Players can donate smaller amounts, and you get credit in your account which you can use to buy marketplace items.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe that, at this time, pooled credit can only be used for subscriptions. Not marketplace items. To do that as a group you'd need one person to be the gift sender or send the money to the GM to purchase it themselves... and hope they don't just buy pizza with it ;)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: I believe that, at this time, pooled credit can only be used for subscriptions. Not marketplace items. To do that as a group you'd need one person to be the gift sender or send the money to the GM to purchase it themselves... and hope they don't just buy pizza with it ;) Looks like you're right. That's a shame, and a strange limit.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While I'm not privy to the roadmap, I do know there is a lot of attention on the marketplace at the moment so fingers crossed this is a limitation that may be short lived... (disclaimer: please note my mod-hat is on my desk as I type this, my opinion on this is as a user only)