Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sorting a Rollable Table

I have created a random NPC name generator which combines the results of two rollable tables in a macro The first table contains a list of given names...the second table contains family names. Is it possible to alphabetically manually sort the rollable tables so that when I add more names I don't create duplicates? Thanks Ray
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It is not possible to change the order of items in a Rollable Table.  An API script could be created that would let you know if there is a duplicate value added to a Rollable Table, but that's about the best I can think of on that count.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Could you export the table with Aaron's Table Export script, alphabetize and then re-import? Aaron, does your script have options to append or overwrite?

Edited 1526566169
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hypothetically speaking could a script be written that would read the table, store the values to a temporary state, delete the table contents and then recreate the table with the newly ordered information? Or, since I got ninja'd... what Keith said lol keithcurtis said: Could you export the table with Aaron's Table Export script, alphabetize and then re-import? Aaron, does your script have options to append or overwrite?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yes to all of that except the overwrite. =D
Ok...thanks everyone for the info...