Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D6 Based RPGs and Roll20

Hey All, With the Wrath&Glory 40k RPG set to come out soon, I was wondering if Roll20 had a module or some easy way of playing with the D6 format where a lot of the rolls are more like counting 4+ and 6s, rather than adding up the sum of the die results.  Thank you!

Edited 1526552728
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If you are talking about counting successes , yes , it's common and easy on roll20. There are probably many games that use them, Shadowrun being only one of them. As for more detailed support for this, there might be some API(Pro users only) that ycould do more fancy stuff, but as I understand everything is easily done with the base resources existing. Maybe the existing 40K sheets works this way, if the are related rpg-systems? And of course, counting successes isn't in itself a D6-specific thing, WOD games are often d10 based and also works on counting successes, and they have several sheets for the myriad of systems they have done. This will roll 3d6 and count number of rolls higher than 3: /roll 3d6>3
Point of clarification,  when using greater-than or less-than, the formula is treated as having "-or-equal-to" appended to it . For example, 3d6>3 will count a success on rolling a three. If you want to check for 4 and above, it would be >4.
That's great. Thank you, both. So it won't know that 6s are worth 2 icons, but it will at least give the immediate number of successes greater than or equal to 4 on a d6. That's very helpful! Who knows how long it will take for a Wrath&Glory character sheet to be made by the community, so I was wondering what I could do if I wanted to jump right in with my group. As it was, I was making all the characters and things for our Deathwatch campaign on roll20 because the roll20 deathwatch character sheet was not accurate, so I didn't want to use it.

Edited 1526598639
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Once upon a time, in the dim distant past, there were no character 'sheets' for Character Journals, we used the Bio and Attributes & Abilities tabs and made our own 'sheets'.  Some of us still do that :) Start a test game and make a few journals and check out what you can do.  Sure, it's not elegant and polished, but you don't need HTML/CSS/sheetworker skills to do it either.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GenKitty said: Once upon a time, in the dim distant past, there were no character 'sheets' for Character Journals, we used the Bio and Attributes & Abilities tabs and made our own 'sheets'.  Some of us still do that :) Who in their right min.... Uh, Never-mind. ;-P
You can also define a table - for a system where a 4+ is a success, and a 6 is a double success, you could use the following table 0 (weight 3), 1 (weight 2), 2 (weight 1). Then you can roll 4t(your table name here) and you will get the number of successes as your result.