Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Do Players In My Game Have Compendium Access For Purchases?

Hello. I've purchased Volo's Guide and Mordenkainen's Tome, and my players say they can't access anything from it in game. Since there are character options, I'm wondering, do they really not have access? Or is this a user error?
Unfortunately only the person who owns the content can access it in game. So your players cannot access VGtM unless they own it. Currently, there is no way to share compendium content.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As the content owner, you will have to drag and drop it into your game for them to have access to that specific content. If it is draggable then it should create a handout or a character sheet.
Ah well. Thanks for the info. It's too bad, since D&D beyond lets you share content with the people in your campaign. I just hate to buy a thing more than once (roll20 + book + D&D beyond).  Using the drag and drop method, I made some handouts. Tiefling subraces is buggy though. Anyways, the players can look there, or their own books if they want.