Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[noob question] Character Sheet translation & languages

Edited 1528111657
Gan
Translator
Hi guys! Couple of questions from long-timer user, just willing to start contributing. I wanted to make easier to use Roll20 for Polish players, but didn't find answers to questions below. Maybe you could help or direct me somewhere, where I could find answers? 1) I figured out, that to use translated sheet from translation folder on git, you need to change a language of your profile. Then your games will load translated Character Sheet to the Journal. But to add a new language, not supported in current list of languages, is something that I need to ask Roll20 team directly, right? 2) How about translating Roll20 interface and pages? Is there an easy way to do it? 3) I see term "Translation Tool" mentioned frequently, but I suppose it all comes down to use of git and translate json, is that right? It's not a problem, just want to be sure. How about CrowdIn? Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To translate character sheets, you just need to submit a version of the translation json file with the proper translations to the character sheet's folder on the github repo. The json is just a list of key-value pairs. Don't change anything on the left of the colon, the translation value is to the right of the colon. Name the file with the appropriate language abbreviation, I'm looking for more info on what abbreviations are accepted. To translate the site itself, you need to be approved as a translator. Email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> for more info on this (I thought it was in the wiki, but can't find it now). The translate tool is for translating the site itself (I believe)
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
From the Wiki, translations are handled through CrowdIn (see <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a>... ) and someone who wishes to be a translator should contact the Roll20 team at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Diana. That was the info I couldn't find for him. Forgot it was in the character sheet wiki
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
:)&nbsp; No problem.&nbsp; I had looked it up for someone else recently so knew exactly where to find it.
Gan
Translator
I've seen those wiki pages and sent an email earlier, but no replay yet.&nbsp;I will add my translation to the sheet and try to get in-touch with roll20 team about translator status. Thanks guys!