Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Threads falling off the front page, or becoming invisible, or something...

So I've seen this happen over and over, and thought it was something I did (since the previous times I'd noticed it were in threads I'd posted to, or otherwise affected). But this one, I didn't post in and I didn't do anything to except for read. And now it's missing from the front page, although it can still be found by opening the sub-forum in which it is listed. What's up with that? Here is the post, in the Off-Topic forum: Here is the main page, with the hidden post missing: Note the times: Hidden post, made at 8:37 pm, should be firmly wedged between the post at 7:32 pm and the one at 11:40 pm. The common theme in all these threads, at least the ones I've noticed? Something that someone officially part of the Roll20 team might possibly think, might possibly be not-so-nice, regarding Roll20 itself, is said. Maybe I'm just being paranoid (haha... li'l joke to those few who know my user name's meaning(s)!!) but this seems distinctly odd to me! Here is the missing thread in question. Can you find it on the front page? 'cuz I can't!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I asked about something similar in the mentors forum about a post of mine not showing on the main page and a dev stated that not all post will show due to factors. Here is a quote from the Dev. I dropped the matter after that. Riley D said: It's not a glitch. Not all posts show up on the overview page (where 5 posts from each forum are shown), it depends on a lot of factors. All posts are always shown if you go to the forum category page itself.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
It's down to the algorithm that defines what gets pulled through onto the overview. ...Of course, that's not to say the algorithm wasnt written by the Bavarian Illuminate.