Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Starfinder Macro Assistance

I am a new to Roll20 user and attempting a macro to do an attack and if it crits then to roll the crit damage.  I think I am on the right path but seem to be missing something.  Any assistance would be appreciated. &{template:default} {{name=Double Shot}}{{Attack 1=[[1d20cs>20 +9]]}}{{Gun Damage 1=[[3d4+5]]}}{{dmgcrit=[[1d4]]}} Lee
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Lee, welcome to Roll20. Are you using one of the Starfinder Character sheets that are available on Roll20 or is your group running without a character sheet. The conditional display of criticals requires a roll template other than the default one. These are included with the character sheets.
Yes I use the roll 20 sheet but the macro for the weapon was so confusing.  I tried to use it but it did nothing.  Apparently I am supposed to fill in blanks, but it’s so confusing I wasnkt sure what went where.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you using the Starfinder hud (has the Starfinder logo with HUD below it in the top left) or the simple sheet?
I believe its the simple sheet as it just says starfinder across the center of the top of the sheet.  Nothing in the top left corner.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, sorry, not familiar enough with that sheet to help you out. If it was the HUD, I could no problem. You may want to post  here  to get some help.
OK your example us using the default template, which has no critical class, nor way to know if a previous roll was a critical.  Change your template to one of the fancy sheets, if it is loaded into your game, and look up how that sheet works.
ok I looked at the hud sheet and wow is it confusing as all get out.  I just need a macro so when i do a multi attack i can get an attack roll and damage roll and on the chance i crit i get the crit damage for my laser.  Obviously I am without a clue to how to do this. I am trying really but I havent coded since pascal was an actual language.  Once i see some examples i can extrapolate to a degree but unless there is a coding book for roll20 for old farts out there I am screwed.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, I am of course biased, but I think the HUD is pretty straightforward, just fill in the fields according to what they are labeled as, and you're good to go.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you decide to give the HUD a go, feel free to post for help in the sheet's thread.