Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shaped Script - Saving throw and NPC Ability Issues

Hey Guys, Im having issues with the shaped script that adds ability macros to character sheets. The one im trying to use is: !shaped-abilities --savesQuery Unfortunately this provides me with the drop down bug seen below. The full text inside that box is: Death +0, {{title=Death Saving throw}} {{death_saving_throw_chances=3}} {{death_saving_throw_successes=0}} {{death_saving_throw_failures=0}} {{roll1=[[1d20 + ]]}} {{roll2=[[1d20 + ]]}} For some reason it does not seem to pick up the other saving throws when using this style, nor does the query work even for just death saves. Please Help
To add, all my older character sheets work fine with the issue occurring more recently. I have made no significant changes to character sheet defaults using !Shaped-config.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is unrelated to the script. It is a sheet issue. Query methods are provided by the sheet for legacy reasons, but the chat macros are the way I expect users to interact with saves/abilities/etc. Queries within roll20 are very limited and very fragile so any issues with them are quite deprioritized. If you open an issue on the sheet with reproduction steps I may address it at some point, but I'd highly recommend using chat macros instead.
Hey Kryx, First up, thank you for all the hard work you've put into roll20 and the shaped sheet. its saved me many hours of data entry and I cannot thank you enough. Secondly, the chat window only includes death saves as well although the death save macro does work. !shaped-abilities --savingThrows
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, I see what you're saying. There are no other saving throws because the Ogre Battering Ram doesn't have any proficient saving throws. This is intended. See  #669: Don't generate skills by default that have no proficiency or expertise on NPC sheets