Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[MHR] My solution for a Marvel Heroic Roleplay table

If you enable advance dice, you can drag your dice onto the taming table, and it will behave just like a token. Better yet, you can right click them, and you'll have an option to roll them, just like tokens generated from rollable tables. So I basically colored each die size with a different color (there is a friendly reminder at the top of the screen), and added a bunch of copies. My players drag their dice to the grey-ish tray, select them all, and cick in roll random side. They then can visually chose which ones to use, and put them into the little 3-slot tray bellow, two for the value and one for the effect. I also made a condition tracker on the right hand side of the screen (I'm Brazilian, so the text is in portuguese). There I can easily add the current stress for each character (pcs on the top box, npcs on the bottom), and also have some space for temporary boost dice and for conditions. Lastly I have a Doom Pool at the bottom of the screen, with some space for me to writing down scene Distinctions and other public modifiers to the game. I'm not a designer, so everything is kinda ugly, but it is very functional. As we don't really need the chat, my players have enough space to have their character sheet open all times.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you. Certain games aren't well supported currently, but with a bit of ingenuity we can kinda make it work.

Edited 1529608907
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did NOT know you could right-click roll them. That should go in Stupid Tricks. I'm sure there are lots of things you could do with that.
Whereas I did not know you could recolour them.  This definitely opens up some much easier solutions for my own custom ruleset - could save me a massive amount of effort, and might actually encourage me to run a game with it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I talk about some other uses for them here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-r" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-r</a>...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I see how it works. It's not really rolling (using the quantum engine), but a multi-sided token choosing a random side. That's still really useful. A pro user could even save a step by using token-mod in a universally-accessible macro: !token-mod --set currentside|* A really obsessed GM could even write the token-mod interface to put all the dice back when finished. Put the resting X-Y coordinates into two of the token bars and have a Put Away macro read the values (and re-set the facing to the highest number, too, because why not).
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Keith does using * like that in the tokenmod command roll a random side?

Edited 1529683238
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It does!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks! I'd missed that in the documentation.