Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Play by Post games on Roll 20.

Hey all, I have run PbP games in the past and have experienced the same problem many others have with mapping. I have done numerous things to ease the problems but, in the end I like to have all my tools on one site. I would like to try a PbP here and do the following; *Use the campaign discussion as the forum for in-character posting. *Use the map for handouts and the linking of journals. *Use the map for combat tracking. My questions; *Have you tried this, and if so, was it successful (running a game/adventure to conclusion) *What problems did you have, or do you think I might have using this format? (Specifically related to managing the game and the functionality/limitations of the forum) *Do you have any suggestions? *Do you have any examples? Thanks in advance.

Edited 1392387461
I am planning to run a combination of text/voice games and PbP. However, this site is not ideal for PbP stuff as the ability to sort and manage forums is just not there. I'd recommend RPOL for posting - very perfect for organizing forums. Not so much so for images. You would be better off to stick with a PbP board for posts if you don't need live games and just link people to your images or have them check here for them. I found that most people who play PbP games do not really want to bother with sites made for tabletop, unfortunately. And the other way round.