Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Text Editor faulty

In the older text editor I could have code, and quote, and I could have a bold line followed immediately by a standard line.  Now none of this is possible. As I am part way into a campaign design, the result will be terrible inconsistancy! Possibly related the Style button, and Table button do not work (at least in Character sheets). Test Line

Edited 1530045408
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi Jim, I have double checked with the devs and this is something they are working on fixing :) Edit: In regards to line spacing-- you can hold Shift + Enter and that should mimic previous behavior.

Edited 1530046809
Additionally a link to another sheet/handout created by using [square brackets] appears wrongly - in that the fact that it is a link is not visible until you hover over it.  In addition the link is active during edit which was a bit of a shock and not ideal!
I am seeing this as well! I have submitted a tickets to the devs so they can have a closer look.
Text Editor Improvement : Enhanced, reliable editing features for forum posts (hi there!) and in-game text windows such as Handouts and Character Bios. We also can no longer colour our text! Please fix!
Rather than Fix, can we go back to the old editor.  With the new one you cannot copy the text out without editing, which I am pretty sure was not the case with the old editor.

Edited 1530052973
Gold
Forum Champion
Is there a bug thread for new text editor, or just post anything as a separate thread? Jim W. said: In the older text editor I could have code, and quote, and I could have a bold line followed immediately by a standard line.  Now none of this is possible. As I am part way into a campaign design, the result will be terrible inconsistancy! Possibly related the Style button, and Table button do not work (at least in Character sheets). Test Line Quote seems to be working (in forums at least, haven't tested in Journals Bio Tab or Character Sheet yet). Code is also working and is under the Styles drop-down (the left-most button). If the Styles button is inaccessible then both of those would be inaccessible, in that case.
Create character, backgrounds, roll for options there, click cancel....and:-
Yes I saw that it worked in forums, hence the note about in character sheets at least
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello! We now have a  Text Editor Bug Report Thread ; please put text editor-related things there (we have seen this one, though; no need to duplicate it!)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jim W. said: Create character, backgrounds, roll for options there, click cancel....and:- Jim, Can you report this over in the Charactermancer Bug Report Thread ? Include your browser and OS, and whether you are zoomed in at all, so we can try to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!