Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.2

Edited 1530111358
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out a 5E OGL update to v2.2. The change log is as follows: Drag and drop compatibility with: Feats Proficiencies (skill, tool, weapon, armor, language) Classes and Subclasses Races and Subraces Backgrounds Better topbar display for Class & Race along with more customization and Charactermancer compatibility Subclass support Repeating Global Mods: Skills Saves Attacks Damage Improved Tool & Custom Skill Query option display Repeating HP Modifier's section Exhaustion Tracking Spell Prepared move outside of spell options and is now directly clickable outside of spell button for faster daily spell preperation Support for the Level 1 Charactermancer Patch 2.1 information  available here . 

Edited 1530111521
Kilter  said: Kyle G.  said: Kilter  said: Kyle G.  said: Kilter  said: The sheet doesn't see to be tracking spell slot, deathsaves or thing of that nature. Do you have the 5e OGL Companion script installed? Yes I do. Are you receiving any errors in the API? Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.  More info... For reference, the error message generated was:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'results' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'results' of undefined at handledeathsave (apiscript.js:588:44) at apiscript.js:512:17 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1634:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) Thank you for the error message. It really helps when trying to figure out the problem. I have created a fix for the death saving throw tracking . For the spell tracking however, it is going to require a change on your end because the sheet workers have been updated and I don't know of a way to trigger them on all character sheets in mass. You will need to change the Spell Output for all  ATTACK spells. Simply change the spell's output from ATTACK to SPELLCARD and then back to ATTACK. This should fix the spell tracking for these spells. I did not find any issues with spell's that were SPELLCARD output. Are there any other issues with the Companion script that you are experiencing?
Kyle G. said: Thank you for the error message. It really helps when trying to figure out the problem. I have created a fix for the death saving throw tracking . For the spell tracking however, it is going to require a change on your end because the sheet workers have been updated and I don't know of a way to trigger them on all character sheets in mass. You will need to change the Spell Output for all  ATTACK spells. Simply change the spell's output from ATTACK to SPELLCARD and then back to ATTACK. This should fix the spell tracking for these spells. I did not find any issues with spell's that were SPELLCARD output. Are there any other issues with the Companion script that you are experiencing? Thank you, so far I don't see anything else. The spells work and ill wait to see for the deathsaves.
Kilter said: Kyle G. said: Thank you for the error message. It really helps when trying to figure out the problem. I have created a fix for the death saving throw tracking . For the spell tracking however, it is going to require a change on your end because the sheet workers have been updated and I don't know of a way to trigger them on all character sheets in mass. You will need to change the Spell Output for all  ATTACK spells. Simply change the spell's output from ATTACK to SPELLCARD and then back to ATTACK. This should fix the spell tracking for these spells. I did not find any issues with spell's that were SPELLCARD output. Are there any other issues with the Companion script that you are experiencing? Thank you, so far I don't see anything else. The spells work and ill wait to see for the deathsaves. The death saves were pushed to production, you should no longer see an error. Let me know otherwise.

Edited 1530124404
Kyle G. said: The death saves were pushed to production, you should no longer see an error. Let me know otherwise. No Still not working. API Output Console Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.  More info... For reference, the error message generated was:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'results' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'results' of undefined at handledeathsave (apiscript.js:588:44) at apiscript.js:512:17 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1634:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 Here are the Scripts I use as well, not sure if they maybe causing this: Torch  |  5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion  |  TokenMod  |  DeathTracker  |  TokenNameNumber  |  Vector Math  |  MatrixMath  |  Path Math  |  Token Collisions   |  HTML Builder  |  It's a Trap!   |  StatusInfo  |   It's a Trap! - D&D 5E Generic   |   CharacterSheet   |  GroupInitiative   |  True Page Copy  |  Rollable Table Macros  |  Areas of Effect   |  user-image.js  |  LazyExperience   |  MonsterHitDice  |  ChatSetAttr   |  RecursiveTable.js  |  CombatTracker  |  Welcome Package   |  Observer  |  Concentration  |  BeyondImporter.js  |
Anyone else notice the ammo tracking is not working?
not sure if this is the right spot or not but since the update last night/today my NPC spells are all unprepared and wont show DC's for saves. Also the numbers in the bubbles for tokens are off center.(lower than they used to be) 
Derek L. said: Anyone else notice the ammo tracking is not working? Just making sure that you are using the 5e OGL companion script. I tested it this morning when working with Kilter and didn't notice any issues. cody o. said: not sure if this is the right spot or not but since the update last night/today my NPC spells are all unprepared and wont show DC's for saves. Also the numbers in the bubbles for tokens are off center.(lower than they used to be)  I ran into this issue as well, it seems that the spellcaster level and spellcasting ability of NPCs need to be updated.

Edited 1530127996
I have ran into the issue that for one character that I have does not show a spell save dc or the spell attack bonus in the spell section of the sheet. I do not know how to fix this problem.
Hannah B. said: I have ran into the issue that for one character that I have does not show a spell save dc or the spell attack bonus in the spell section of the sheet. I do not know how to fix this problem. Change the spellcasting ability of the character to something else and then back to the correct ability
How do I turn off the Charactermancer?
Nollendorf said: How do I turn off the Charactermancer? You can discard the changes on the specific character and the charactermancer will not appear for them again. Or you can change the Game Setting to default characters to the NPC character sheet. Then any new characters will not go through the charactermancer.
Kyle G. said: Hannah B. said: I have ran into the issue that for one character that I have does not show a spell save dc or the spell attack bonus in the spell section of the sheet. I do not know how to fix this problem. Change the spellcasting ability of the character to something else and then back to the correct ability changing it from nothing to anything else dosent solve the issue. i even tried to change the spellcaster's level. Note this is using a module. I run 5 games with modules per week and i cannot and will not go through every spellcaster and manually fix them.
Death Saves are working again. Thank you    Kyle G  and any others working on things.

Edited 1530168123
Just a heads up, some of my players character sheets, wont even display the DC Spell save and the Spell attack modifier.  Even when clicking to go to a different Attribute to represent the spells DC and Attack bonus to try and change it.... they keep displaying 0 on both boxes.   Also pertaining to Players character sheets, i'm also noticing that when putting in custom spells, they seem to be erasing them or even erasing the saving throw needed to cast the spell.   always having to go back into the spell and fix it over and over again. 

Edited 1530143508
For exiting the charactermancer; there should be a red "Cancel" button at the right side of that top bar of choices, from there it brings up a few options like save & exit or discard & exit. You may need to resize the character sheet vertically a bit to reveal it. On a side note. I'm really liking the changes to the global modifiers.  Now they're easy to incorporate into inline rolls! Thanks a bunch!
I'm having an alignment issue with the new sheet, in which the 'prepared' button is showing above the spell name, effectively doubling the length of the spell page. This is on Firefox 61.0.
Luke said: I'm having an alignment issue with the new sheet, in which the 'prepared' button is showing above the spell name, effectively doubling the length of the spell page. This is on Firefox 61.0. Is it possible that you are zoomed in? Try resetting the zoom to 100%
Also noticing that entering a subrace in the header overwrites the race so that only the subrace is displayed.
Kyle G. said: Luke said: I'm having an alignment issue with the new sheet, in which the 'prepared' button is showing above the spell name, effectively doubling the length of the spell page. This is on Firefox 61.0. Is it possible that you are zoomed in? Try resetting the zoom to 100% Zooming to 110% actually fixes the problem but it still persists at 100%.
Is there a way to set the powercard width to adjust to the width of the chat window to reduce wasted space? Spell cards seem to do this already.
Hello - how can I alter the Initiative bonus - for say the Alert Feat? There seems to be no way to alter this from the sheet
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Grundvarg said: Hello - how can I alter the Initiative bonus - for say the Alert Feat? There seems to be no way to alter this from the sheet I think you can add an Initiative modifier in settings.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Luke said: Is there a way to set the powercard width to adjust to the width of the chat window to reduce wasted space? Spell cards seem to do this already. Just for the record, that is not a Powercard , which is the product of an utterly separate API script, but a roll template, which was added to character sheets to do a little of what the Powercard script does.  ;)
Is it possible to add in a 3rd of even a 4rd Damage output in the Attacks and spellcasting for weapons?   I have a few weapons that are magical and do more than 2 Damage types.    Putting in more would cut down on the number of entries i have in the attacks and spellcasting for items in there. 
another thing that would be REALLY Cool to have is whenever you prepare your spells for the day, and those spells are attack spells, they would automatically show up in the Attacks and Spellcasting section on the main page,  but when you unprepare them, they would disappear from that section of the page.  this way you know which ones you can use for the day (Shrugs) Short cuts here and there, just trying to help out.    STEVE & CREW BTW you're doing an amazing job keep up the great work! 
Hey, I'm having issues with the character sheet. A player of mine (a druid) dragged a giant frog NPC sheet from the compendium and accidentally turned her character into an NPC sheet. I can turn the character sheet back to a player, but a dialogue box is still present that contains the message "Are you sure you want to turn this character into a ?" that contains two boxes within that say "Yes" and "Cancel". While the buttons appear clickable (mouse changes shape), the dialogue box won't go away and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it.
I also have multiple characters where the spell save DC and spell attack mod show 0 even though the correct ability is selected. It seems the attack spells will output the proper attack most of you have the spell casting ability listed inside the spell, but the DC always comes back as 0 when casting. The only ones that seem to be displaying this issue is ones where there character is multi-classed into a spell caster class and the first class is not a caster. Base class casters seem to be working just fine.
xTimmyx said: another thing that would be REALLY Cool to have is whenever you prepare your spells for the day, and those spells are attack spells, they would automatically show up in the Attacks and Spellcasting section on the main page,  but when you unprepare them, they would disappear from that section of the page.  this way you know which ones you can use for the day Once again I'd like to second this request. I don't understand why this isn't already a thing.
GenKitty said: Luke said: Is there a way to set the powercard width to adjust to the width of the chat window to reduce wasted space? Spell cards seem to do this already. Just for the record, that is not a Powercard , which is the product of an utterly separate API script, but a roll template, which was added to character sheets to do a little of what the Powercard script does.  ;) Good to know, thanks! Anyone know if the width of the roll template can be adjusted or is that determined by the sheet?
Luke said: GenKitty said: Luke said: Is there a way to set the powercard width to adjust to the width of the chat window to reduce wasted space? Spell cards seem to do this already. Just for the record, that is not a Powercard , which is the product of an utterly separate API script, but a roll template, which was added to character sheets to do a little of what the Powercard script does.  ;) Good to know, thanks! Anyone know if the width of the roll template can be adjusted or is that determined by the sheet? Unfortunately that is a fixed width set on the character sheet. The only way to fix it would be to use a Custom character sheet (with the code copied from Github) and update the width of the roll template to fit the screen.
Steve K. said: Drag and drop compatibility with: Classes and Subclasses Not sure if a bug or if this is how it's supposed to work, but if I drag a class feature that is higher than level 1 onto a sheet, it will just populate all the level 1 features of that class instead.  ie. Drag Action Surge onto sheet, but get Second Wind; Drag Uncanny Dodge onto sheet, get Sneak Attack and Theives' Cant.  Is this simply because the 'mancer hasn't been upgraded to include higher level characters yet or is this a bug?
Oh, here's another little bug.  If I enable Custom AC calculation, set it to, eg. 10 + Con + Dex, I'm getting an AC of 1000 with 10 Con and 10 Dex.  Raising or lowering those raises or lowers the AC accordingly, but still with a base AC of 1000.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Moderncha0s said: Hey, I'm having issues with the character sheet. A player of mine (a druid) dragged a giant frog NPC sheet from the compendium and accidentally turned her character into an NPC sheet. I can turn the character sheet back to a player, but a dialogue box is still present that contains the message "Are you sure you want to turn this character into a ?" that contains two boxes within that say "Yes" and "Cancel". While the buttons appear clickable (mouse changes shape), the dialogue box won't go away and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it. I'm seeing this too and we'll get a fix out ASAP.
So after some checking it appears that the update has disconnected the spellcasting modifier from the spell save dc and spell attack bonus. At this point the only way to set those attributes is to go in to the attributes and abilities page and manually input the info in those fields, even for a base spellcasting class. Hopefully a fix can be pushed for that soon, seems like it should be a somewhat simple fix.
Hey I logged in last night and my PCs were not able to use attacks from the 5th ed OGL character sheet, here is the info
When using Spelltracker,  some of the spells cast will deduct a spell level slot.  but some of the spell levels will not deduct any slots.  
xTimmyx said: When using Spelltracker,  some of the spells cast will deduct a spell level slot.  but some of the spell levels will not deduct any slots.   Spells that have a value in the INNATE field and spells that are marked as RITUAL are no tracked using the Companion script. If this is not what you are experiencing, please let me know. (The spell's configuration and any errors in the API would be immensely helpful in this case.)
Brian said: Hey I logged in last night and my PCs were not able to use attacks from the 5th ed OGL character sheet, here is the info Try toggling the Global attack/damage fields and see if that fixes your problem.

Edited 1530228973
Kyle G.  said: xTimmyx  said: When using Spelltracker,  some of the spells cast will deduct a spell level slot.  but some of the spell levels will not deduct any slots.   Spells that have a value in the INNATE field and spells that are marked as RITUAL are no tracked using the Companion script. If this is not what you are experiencing, please let me know. (The spell's configuration and any errors in the API would be immensely helpful in this case.) Kyle, yes i do know that much :D haha i just learned that last night and i was SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT :D :D.  however, even when clicking on a normal spell to cast it.. it'll even say "Spell Slot Level NaN" and right underneath that it'll say "All Slots Expended" in red font color. I think this is happening intermittently.  When i open my players Wizards, Rogue arcane trickster, and Cleric characters sheets and cast spells...its fine.  but my friends Ranger, and Fighter (Eldritch Knight), Druid, Characters spell sheet is doing that glitch! 
hey spell save DCs still arent working on NPCS in modules, any fix on that soon? yea i've tried redoing it manually aswell and no luck. I run 5 modules a week and i cannot go through each module and fix each spellcaster's spell save DC on every spell.

Edited 1530259379
I have a new player attempting to build an Eldritch Knight, but the character sheet does not update to allow spells/add the spell save or attack numbers/ability link or spells per level .  Partially Solved, he had not ticked the arcane fighter box on the settings page.  Maybe dragging the Eldritch Knight subclass on should auto select that box?   ~Edit~ After appearing for a short time, the spell save DC and spell attack bonus have reverted to 0 for no apparent reason. He levelled the character to level 6 then dragged the Eldritch Knight over, which changed the class name, but nothing else it seems, is it supposed to fill in the features at traits automatically as you level up, or does that only at happen at level one.  Thanks in advance.
xTimmyx said: Kyle G.  said: xTimmyx  said: When using Spelltracker,  some of the spells cast will deduct a spell level slot.  but some of the spell levels will not deduct any slots.   Spells that have a value in the INNATE field and spells that are marked as RITUAL are no tracked using the Companion script. If this is not what you are experiencing, please let me know. (The spell's configuration and any errors in the API would be immensely helpful in this case.) Kyle, yes i do know that much :D haha i just learned that last night and i was SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT :D :D.  however, even when clicking on a normal spell to cast it.. it'll even say "Spell Slot Level NaN" and right underneath that it'll say "All Slots Expended" in red font color. I think this is happening intermittently.  When i open my players Wizards, Rogue arcane trickster, and Cleric characters sheets and cast spells...its fine.  but my friends Ranger, and Fighter (Eldritch Knight), Druid, Characters spell sheet is doing that glitch!  Perfect! Thank you for the pictures. I actually already gave someone else a solution to fix this same problem here . P.S. I'm curious how your ranger essentially has hail of thorns and lightning arrow as a cantrip (innately casting 20/day WOW!)
Whick K. said: He levelled the character to level 6 then dragged the Eldritch Knight over, which changed the class name, but nothing else it seems, is it supposed to fill in the features at traits automatically as you level up, or does that only at happen at level one.  Thanks in advance. Just level 1 currently, but higher levels are on the roadmap for this feature.

Edited 1530282762
Having a few issues, everytime I level up my character my sheet auto breaks my sneak attack macro: It goes from this: ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{base_level}) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} to this: ?{Sneak Attack|No Is there a way to fix this? Also as stated before subraces overwrite the race I thought it would add the subrace in front of the race. Is there anyway to fix this and set my OGL sheet back to the pre-charactermancer, I find that it is a poor feature I heavily dislike currently.

Edited 1530283974
DjSeaghost said: Having a few issues, everytime I level up my character my sheet auto breaks my sneak attack macro: It goes from this: ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{base_level}) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} to this: ?{Sneak Attack|No Is there a way to fix this? Also as stated before subraces overwrite the race I thought it would add the subrace in front of the race. Is there anyway to fix this and set my OGL sheet back to the pre-charactermancer, I find that it is a poor feature I heavily dislike currently. This is an issue that was found when i got help creating that macro. it is an issue where the comma causes it to lose everything after. They said they would be looking into it but I guess it hasn't been resolved yet. Best way to address this is to use the newer global damage modifier field and input the following [[ceil((@{base_level}) / 2)]]d6 [Sneak Attack] Once you do that, you just have to check or uncheck the box when you wanna do sneak attack. If you don't feel like messing with the checkbox, you can just leave it on and ignore sneak attack damage unless it applies. If you don't like the global damage mod field then the following  line should work in the weapon damage field  1dX + ?{Sneak Attack|0|[Sneak Attack] [[ceil((@{base_level}) / 2)]]d6} and then this in the crit field 1dX + ?{Sneak Attack} replacing the X with whatever your weapon's damage die is. (Edit: added extra code)

Edited 1530284238
I ended up adding: ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{base_level}) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} To the global modifier and works exactly like I wanted even with level ups, thank you! I'm able to keep the global modifier and just unchecked the display and the prompt works and I don't even have to look at it anymore.
DjSeaghost said: I ended up adding: ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{base_level}) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} To the global modifier and works exactly like I wanted even with level ups, thank you! I'm able to keep the global modifier and just unchecked the display and the prompt works and I don't even have to look at it anymore. I didn't even think to try that, good catch, as that definitely works as well.
I have also noticed that now, some of the characters have a extra + 0 after attack rolls with no information regarding where it came from. Oddly it only appeared on some PC's attack rolls not all of my PC's. no clue what is causing it or how to get rid of it. It doesn't break anything obviously, just annoying to look at.