Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text in GM Notes on token has new extra formatting that causes API not to work

I use a number of API's that read data from GM Notes or write data to GM Notes. The latest change has changed the formatting of that item and now those API's are no longer working. Is this something that can be changed back? I run games up to 2x per week using Roll20 and those API's save me hundreds of hours a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Thomas, The devs are actively working to resolve any issues with the text editor. I have added a ticket so they can investigate. Some additional questions: What API scripts are you using? Does this happen in any particular games or just a few? Does this script pull from tables?
Hi Drespar. The chief ones affected are CharUtils by The Aaron. This happens in all games. The script does not pull from tables.

Edited 1530240856
The new GM notes also seems to have broken CreatureGen as well in all games I use it in. I do not think it pulls from tables, but I'm not 100% sure
Yep. CreatureGen is broken now. Been trying to get it to work for the past hour and kept scratching my head until I realized that it was broken. I have a ton of monsters to create for my game and tonight was the night I was going to get most of the work done. :(
I found a work-around: mark the statblock as "code" in the GM Notes dropdown. That allows CreatureGen to work normally.
that did not seem to work for the API (charedit) I am using...
Steve Johnston said: I found a work-around: mark the statblock as "code" in the GM Notes dropdown. That allows CreatureGen to work normally. This works for me so far, with creaturegen that is. Haven't found any issues yet.
Also seems to be screwing with the Tongues API Script.