Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

HERO System damage rolls

I don't see support for HERO damage rolls. I suggest the following: Normal 10d6hn would produce "stun X, body Y" Normal Body 10d6hnb would produce the amount of body. Normal Stun 10d6hns would produce the amount of stun. Killing 3d6hnk would produce "Stun X, Body Y", assuming 1d3 roll for stun. Add a ! to add +1 to the stun dice and !! to subtract -1 to the stun dice. 1/2 Dice Support 1.5d6 represents 1 1/2 dice. Half dice read as 1-3 pips (half the face of a d6, round up) and body is 0 on a 1 to 3, and 1 on a 4 to 6.
Surely this should be possible.  The system for calculating successes and failures will display all the dice rolled and automatically calculate the overall success or failure. Surely it should be reasonably simple to provide some commands that would show the sum of the dice (STUN) followed by the number of dice rolled added to the overall number of successes (BODY).  Is this really impossible to hack using the system as is?? Stephen
Yeah, we would love something like this adding to the dice roller. Also an inclusion of the Knockback effect as well.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
You could make macros for these.
I don't believe there is a way to generate 2 values from a single set of dice rolls. Stun = total pips  Body= 1 point per 2-5 rolled and 2 points per 6 rolled. so 3d6 rolling 2,5,6 gives 13 Stun and 4 Body.
+1
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I created a script to handle  Champions/HERO dice rolls a while back. It could be useful for the Pro users here.

Edited 1530325005
Kevin
Plus
I support having Hero System damage dice supported by Roll20.  Having the dice results be presented in an expected format (x Stun, y Body) would help speed up an already slow combat system I looked at G G 's macro, and I cannot make it work.  I believe this to be because I am not a PRO user, nor am I a programmer.  I am at best a code dabbler,. Having Roll20.net support the basic damage dice rolling mechanic would help encourage people to play hero system, and assist those of use who aren't coding masters, or haven't gone PRO yet..   Changes I'd make to the suggestion: Daniel G. said: Killing 3d6hnk would produce "Stun X, Body Y", assuming 1d3 roll for stun. Add a ! to add +1 to the stun dice and !! to subtract -1 to the stun dice. First, if I understand the notation suggested, Killing should be 'hk' not 'hnk' as the 'n' stands for 'normal damage' in the other examples, and 'k' is for 'killing damage'.  Standard Stun multipliers on Killing attacks are 1d6-1 with a minimum value of 1.  Optional rules allow for 1d3 stun multiplier.  There are powers that modify the stun multiplier to 1d6, 1d6+1, or higher, or 1d6-2, or lower (if the GM allows).  And the base damage dice can be #d6-1, or #d6+1 or, #d6+1/2d6 (or d3).  The notation could be changed to: (#d6+ ADD )hks(StunMod) where '#' is the number of base dice; ' ADD ' is an optional place holder for modifying the base damage to -1, 0, +1, or +d3.  It would be 0 if omitted; 'h' stands for Hero System, 'k' stands for killing damage, 's' stands for 'standard multiplier' (i.e. 1d6-1 minimum 1);  The StunMod would be optional and would be a + or - numeral.  Even if the StunMod is -4, the minimum stun multiplier is still a 1. (#d6+ ADD )hko(StunMod) in this case, 'o' stands for optional 1d3 stun mulitplier (still a minimum of 1 if negative StunMods are applied).. As to 1/2 d6 support (or a d3 support) 1/2 Dice Support 1.5d6 represents 1 1/2 dice. Half dice read as 1-3 pips (half the face of a d6, round up) and body is 0 on a 1 to 3, and 1 on a 4 to 6. There is an error here, in that while Half dice are read as 1-3 pips (1d6/2 round up) (or effectively a 1d3) the body for normal damage is a 0 on a 1 result (or 1-2 result if using a d6) and 1 body for the 2-3 result (or 4-6 on a d6).  The easiest way I see to do this is just roll a d3, and use the same rule for normalbody as a d6.  1 = 0 body, 2-3 =1 body.  4,5,6 are unavailable so the 6=2 body is irrelevant. 3-D DICE support: I would like to see 3D dice support a d3.  You can roll a d3 and nothing shows up with 3D dice on the board, even though the result shows up in the chat.  A d3 should look like a d6 in 3D dice, though it would be numbered 1,2,3,1,2,3 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6.   Additionally, if using 3D dice with champions killing damage, being able to distinguish the Stun Multiplier die from the Damage Dice would be very useful.  So far all dice rolled match the color setting of the player's designation.  Having a secondary color to select for purposes of tracking the stun multiplier in 3D dice would be visually useful.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: I looked at G G 's macro, and I cannot make it work.  I believe this to be because I am not a PRO user, nor am I a programmer.  I am at best a code dabbler,. You're correct here. It requires a Pro subscription to be able to use API scripts, unfortunately. By the way, d3 stun multiplier is standard for 6th edition hero. It replaces the d6-1 used in earlier editions. If this suggestion where to be accepted, you'd definitely need to distinguish between 5th- and 6th+ edition stun multiples.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .