Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Foregrounds!

I've found myself frequently frustrated by the fact that there is not a foreground in roll20. If there's something floating in the air above the players, I want them to be able to walk underneath it. The only thing that sort of works but is a giant pain in the butt is simply having something on the token layer and move it to the front. Problem is, especially as a game master, moving all the different npc's or enemies around under those it just always selects and moves the wrong thing and so its this giant juggling game and is so not worth the headache. I think if there were potentially 2 options/settings to foregrounds that would be all that was necessary. -1st: Player walks under a foreground object it is hidden. (Ex: A roof) -2nd: Player walks under a foreground object is turned transparent. (Ex: Tree's.) Game masters would probably have a permanent transparency on objects so they could view and maneuver everything. And I don't know how complicated it would be, though I'd imagine the code for foregrounds to function this way might require it to be subscription limited. Likely working similarly to or in conjunction with the line of sight settings.
Hi Ariel. You might consider adding your vote to this suggestion instead: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241955/foreground-map-layer" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1241955/foreground-map-layer</a>
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .