Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheets/Macros: Is there a way to read only part of an attribute?

This is probably a stupid question, but I wonder if any of our sheet gurus would know: Is there a way for me to store an attribute and then, upon calling it, reference only a part of it? For example, if I store an attribute as "A|B|C" or "A:B:C," is there a way to pull only one section of the attribute, thus getting only A, B, or C? The purpose for this is to allow players to make a selection for a macro that would carry across multiple attributes, such as choosing "Strength" from a drop-down, which would then store, say, the name of the attribute, the value of the attribute, and then any modifiers associated with it: "Strength|3|1" or such. Any ideas? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This would probably require the API.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's not possible, but your macro selection thing can easily be implemented using sheet workers (but with multiple attributes).
Jakob said: That's not possible, but your macro selection thing can easily be implemented using sheet workers (but with multiple attributes). What's a sheet worker? That sounds quite interesting!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dave said: Jakob said: That's not possible, but your macro selection thing can easily be implemented using sheet workers (but with multiple attributes). What's a sheet worker? That sounds quite interesting! Wiki