Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat buttons for others to use

DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Looking for best way to have a chat button pop up inside a roll template result. example.  I cast spell X on a poor fellow, it allows for a Will roll to avoid. I smash a button and the spell rolls all its goodies into the template and into chat. In the middle of the description the word WILL would be a chat button (clicky). When the target clicks it, it rolls thier Will.  This really only saves time on not looking around your sheet for the roll or swapping windows to get to it or whatever, but if it is already going to say WILL in the description, why not make the WILL a chat button? I have it close, but using target, or selected, to let i know which token's will score to use is giving me fits.   
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you want to post what you have so far, along with including the name of the sheet you are using, maybe we can figure it out.

Edited 1531434669
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Will do - sorry for vagueness - will add more details when ASAP 

Edited 1531676189
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Game and Sheet - Shadow of the Demon Lord. Macro - made it using the up arrow after clicking ability in the sheet. Then added the line for the FX. Works as indended.  @{Blioux|output_option} &{template:sotdl} @{Blioux|setting_show_name} {{title=Venomous Bite - Will}} {{showroll=@{Blioux|will_mod}}} {{roll-label=^{ATTACK}}} {{roll=[[@{Blioux|die_attack} + @{Blioux|will_mod} + [[@{Blioux|boons_banes_query} + 0 + @{Blioux|global_attack_boons} - @{Blioux|banes_from_afflictions}]]@{Blioux|die_boon}k1[boons/banes]]]}} {{boons=[[@{Blioux|boons_banes_query} + 0 + @{Blioux|global_attack_boons} - @{Blioux|banes_from_afflictions}]]}} {{versus=^{DEFENSE}}} {{damage=1}} {{damageroll=[[01]]}} {{roll20plus=}} {{description=A success on your attack roll against a living creature forces the target to make a Strength challenge roll. A failure on the challenge roll indicates the target becomes **Poisoned** for 1 minute. At the end of each round a target is poisoned in this way, it must get a success on a Will challenge roll or gain 1 Insanity.}} %{Blioux|burn-acid} This is the output. the word Strength in the second line of the descrpiton is what I want to convert to a chat button, and I would like that chat button, when clicked, to ask for a target and make the roll using the target's Strength_mod. Assuming we can get that to work I will add the same to the word Will in the last line of the desctption using Will_mod. thanks!