Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Send Message Bug

Edited 1531495431
When I go to send someone a private message the formatting bar (the thing with the Bold, Italics, Underline, and magic wand icon) covers the beginning of the text field. I can still send messages but I can't see what I've typed until I send the message. Update: This only happens on my secondary monitor which is at a 1360x768 resolution.
Hi Johnny, Could you please work through these steps to help us further understand the issue? Detailed description of the problem Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Description of setup Browser + Version Browser Addons/Extensions Operating System Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Supplemental  Information Including screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post can provide a great deal of information! The more information you can provide, the better able a fix will be reached.

Edited 1531503389
Detailed description of the problem Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Description of setup Browser + Version -  Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) Browser Addons/Extensions - Google Docs Offline, Google Hangouts, Google Keep Chrome Extension, Webroot Filtering Extension Operating System - Windows 10 64-bit

Edited 1531503933
Does the issue persist after refreshing the page? If you change the resolution on your secondary monitor, does that help?

Edited 1531505010
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm this. This happens when the window is too small. It's easy to duplicate, but inconsistent. I noticed it first on my chrome book, which has a smaller than average vertical dimension. 1 Create a small window, particularly in the vertical dimension 2 Create a PM in that small window. Result: Text field is covered by formatting bar. Note that you should refresh between attempts to duplicate. If you create a proper PM dialog, it will likely create itself properly on subsequent tries, even after the window is made large enough again. The reverse is also true, but the results are inconsistent. It seems to happen most often once the window is smaller than 1100 x 700, but like I said, it's inconsistent. My Chromebook cannot get sufficient vertical resolution to successfully create a PM dialog. I have to go to my desktop for that. Chromebook resolution is 1366 x 768. I have not had this problem until very recently.

Edited 1531505293
keithcurtis said: I can confirm this. This happens when the window is too small. It's easy to duplicate, but inconsistent. I noticed it first on my chrome book, which has a smaller than average vertical dimension. 1 Create a small window, particularly in the vertical dimension 2 Create a PM in that small window. Result: Text field is covered by formatting bar. Note that you should refresh between attempts to duplicate. If you create a proper PM dialog, it will likely create itself properly on subsequent tries, even after the window is made large enough again. The reverse is also true, but the results are inconsistent. It seems to happen most often once the window is smaller than 1100 x 700, but like I said, it's inconsistent. My Chromebook cannot get sufficient vertical resolution to successfully create a PM dialog. I have to go to my desktop for that. Chromebook resolution is 1366 x 768. I have not had this problem until very recently. What he said. I'm assuming it has to do with the new formatting bar as this is also a new issue for me.
Thank you for clarifying, I appreciate the extra information. I've submitted a ticket to the Dev team so they can look further into the issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, CeeJay!