Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Arena is Empty...

Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The Arena Do you run a campaign that has a Grand Colosseum right in the center of town? Maybe you run a Tournament every week and need a good way to mix it up! Or maybe you need a Leaderboard to keep track of your winners? Behold! A Four Level Arena Complex fit with Stadium Seating, Inner Halls, a Below Ground Tactical Arena, and even a Training Area! Each section comes with Blank and Decorated versions, plus a few extra parts to help you customize your special events! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2642" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2642</a> Follow me on Twitter @MeditatingMunky
I'm really interested in getting this, but I wish there was a version that did not include the grass background exterior to the stadium. That way, you could drop the stadium onto whatever terrain you like, and it would look natural to that setting. For future projects, I'd also love to see the following: A Circus Maximus type chariot racing stadium A fully detailed jousting tilt yard.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brett E. said: I'm really interested in getting this, but I wish there was a version that did not include the grass background exterior to the stadium. That way, you could drop the stadium onto whatever terrain you like, and it would look natural to that setting. For future projects, I'd also love to see the following: A Circus Maximus type chariot racing stadium A fully detailed jousting tilt yard. Thanks for the feedback, Brett! I can definitely see myself doing both of these requests in a future set! I already have plans to create more packs like this, so I'll make sure to include a Chariot Racing Stadium and a Jousting Yard when I do. As for the backdrop, I can hide the background and make the Colosseum a transparent PNG no problem,&nbsp; however The Colosseum will need to be cut into two or even three parts for the upload size, as I pushed the limits to what I could squeeze in as is. As long as that is not an issue I'll get that added in to the pack as soon as possible!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Every time I see the title, I hear Cake in my head... The arena is empty except for one man Still driving and striving as fast as he can The sun has gone down and the moon has come up And long ago somebody left with the cup But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns And thinking of someone for whom he still burns
Munky said: &nbsp;The Colosseum will need to be cut into two or even three parts for the upload size, as I pushed the limits to what I could squeeze in as is. As long as that is not an issue I'll get that added in to the pack as soon as possible! I personally wouldn't have any problem with that, and I would definitely purchase this art pack if that option were included. I often use that same technique myself within Roll20: Build a large map using assets from my art library, take section-by-section screenshots of the finished product, then re-assemble those screenshots into the campaign where actual gameplay takes place. Thanks for considering the other suggestions as well!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The Aaron said: Every time I see the title, I hear Cake in my head... The arena is empty except for one man Still driving and striving as fast as he can The sun has gone down and the moon has come up And long ago somebody left with the cup But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns And thinking of someone for whom he still burns I may or may not have intended this to happen. I also may or may not have almost used the entire songs lyrics for the actual Pack's description, but detoured at the last second and made the more informational description instead.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hey Brett, Just following up on this topic, in today's Marketplace Upload the extra pieces you requested were added to the above ground Colosseum maps. I had to break them into 6 parts to squeeze them under the 10MB hard limit. Once again, thank you for the suggestions and continued interest!
I didn't notice this update until just now, but thanks! As promised, I have purchased this art pack and look forward to seeing more of your work!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Brett! I hope you&nbsp; enjoy it! I am definitely planning to do more things like this one, and your suggestions for a Racing Stadium, and Jousting field are among the list of potential themes. As for a time frame, I couldn't say accurately, but do keep an eye out! Again, thank you for your support and thank you for your excellent suggestions!