Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] Character Sheet #1 - Fix request

Edited 1532058187
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I need a 2 minor fixes for the GURPS character sheet (as it is listed in GitHub), not the one listed as GURPS_Mutorized 1. Replace the  Fear  on the General page with Fright 2. Line 327 of the HTML code (in GitHub), replace @(VS) Will with @(VS) Fright I am not a coder and have no idea how to use GitHub, in fact I am very afraid to make these changes myself. Someone was making changes back in March of 2018 but they have stopped responding to messages. If some can do this I would greatly appreciate it. Note: There are other changes and some suggestions to be made for this sheet but I will submit those once these changes are made by someone. Thanks for anyone's help here!
Mike W I made the changes you requested and submitted a Pull request today.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok thanks Tom.
Nike Sorry the Pull did not go through. There was an error so I will resubmit today for next weeks Pull.

Edited 1531904092
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
OK Tom Since you are only making Cosmetic visible changes, can you change the Tab name of Wealth to Inventory? This would be much more appropriate. Also as you make changes or fixes that myself or others have requested, please post them here. -at least for now. Thanks Mike
Mike W Both requests have been setup for a Pull Changed Wealth tab name to Inventory. Changed Fear to Fright on general page. Changed Fright macro,(previously the Fear macro), to state 'vs Fright' instead of 'vs Will' as it is now. I am looking at the rest of your requests, some I can do and some I cannot. I will keep you posted here as requested.

Edited 1532159494
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am making some proposed (mostly cosmetic) changes to the GURPS Character Sheet General page. Create a new box on the General page named Damage Notes. Movie some information from the Hit Location box located on the Combat page, move the DR values, to the Combat Notes box. Added a new input for Crippling Damage level and Notes, per location in the Combat Notes box. Add a Fatigue and Other Notes Box. Shrink down the size of the Lift and Encumbrance boxes to make room for the Combat Notes box. I feel that the DR value and the damage done per hit location needs to be on the General page when resolving a hit, rather having to flip back and forth between tabs. Plus adding the Crippling Levels will help a lot as well (that will be a calculated field). Each week I learn more and more about this sheet and I feel, with Tom S help, that these are rather simple changes that I can do myself. However please note that they will be a few weeks out at best. GURPS Current General Page GURPS Proposed General Page (please forgive the crude mock up) What does everyone think? Mike
I like the look of it.  The lower right portion of the General tab always seemed spread out and of limited use.  I like the flexibility of the extra fields.  I'm guessing the "Fatigue and Other Notes" section will be an editable text block or series of editable text lines as well, yes? -Ray 
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ray Raymond G. said: I like the look of it.  The lower right portion of the General tab always seemed spread out and of limited use.  I like the flexibility of the extra fields.  I'm guessing the "Fatigue and Other Notes" section will be an editable text block or series of editable text lines as well, yes? -Ray  Yes: Fatigue and Other Notes will be a text block and totally editable. Thanks for your input and question. Mike
You can also correct the original sheet's spelling of "Miscelleneous" to "Miscellaneous".

Edited 1532104847
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Rabulias Rabulias said: You can also correct the original sheet's spelling of "Miscelleneous" to "Miscellaneous". Well I'll be, I never ever noticed it but you are right. I can easily change the cosmetic side of it but it is misspelled throughout the sheet part of the coding. So  will change what is visible but leave the rest as it is so as to not affect any function of the sheet until I become more proficient. Mike
Hey Mike! Those are some good news! I agree about the Lifting and Encumbrance boxes, they really take too much space, even more when you stretch the sheet. Those additions look really good, having everything combat related in 1 page helps considerably. The only thing I can think of is making the hit locations (the "where" column) editable in case you have a character with different body parts (wings, tentacles, a quadruped like a dog or centaur, etc) or if they use a more detailed table, like the one from Martial Arts with joints and such. Thanks for the continued effort!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter Thanks for you input. You can already add those body parts and details, just click the +Add button, and the Penalty is editable for the ones you add. As far as the more detailed table, I think that keeping the sheet in alignment with Basic is better or else there would have to be to many additional options that would be needed to added. But you can add things like Chest, Abdomen, Heart, etc., that do align with the Martial Arts Hit Location (you just leave the hard coded Torso alone).  However I will keep in mind as to what you requested and as my skills get better maybe I can do that in a way. Nice hearing from you. Mike
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: Valter Thanks for you input. You can already add those body parts and details, just click the +Add button, and the Penalty is editable for the ones you add. As far as the more detailed table, I think that keeping the sheet in alignment with Basic is better or else there would have to be to many additional options that would be needed to added.  The simplest way to deal with this would be to change the location names from labels to inputs, type-text, and set value= and placeholder=the location name. So for those who dont need to alter them, they are already set; for those that do, they can simply type in new entries. There are better ways than this, but this is a really simple approach that uses skills you already have.

Edited 1532122098
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
G G said: The simplest way to deal with this would be to change the location names from labels to inputs, type-text, and set value= and placeholder=the location name. So for those who dont need to alter them, they are already set; for those that do, they can simply type in new entries. There are better ways than this, but this is a really simple approach that uses skills you already have. Yeah I already figured some of that out but thanks for the rest. One step at a time for me - I do not want to make any mistakes here. Let me see how well the changes Tom and I have already made come through next week. Such a great idea and I can see it now that I look at it more - Thanks again G G Mike So much time and so little to see (do) - Wait a minute, strike that, reverse it. (W. Wonka)
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have started a new thread for the GURPS character sheet at: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6616836/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-1/?pageforid=6616836#post-6616836" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6616836/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-1/?pageforid=6616836#post-6616836</a> This thread will no longer used, please use the new one. Thanks Mike