Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with BORKED API settings page?!

So I saved a script and now the API settings page looks like the below image.  I can't delete, disable nor save the script in question because apparently the script itself has taken over the Roll20 settings page when I select that script to modify it, making all the relevant buttons inactive.  It appears the character sheet associated with the script is being added to the API settings page itself, instead of only as a preview or to the game environment.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try a different browser and see if same thing happens. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
*Pinging The Aaron* He has mysterious ways of fixing the API page...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, that old chestnut... If you want to PM me an invite to your game and GM me, I should be able to get that fixed.  It happens when you accidentally paste more than you meant to into the name of a script, and then the rendering of it breaks the HTML and prevents the page from displaying properly.
I had tried it in a different browser, and checked other games that don't include the script.  No dice and other games display fine.  I can't even change the name of the script, since the "Save Script" button is not properly activating.  Mayhap I would need to view the page source, edit that and display it with changes, then save it on that "version" of the page?  I do have a backup copy of the game, so perhaps I'll need to use the transmog to port over the new stuff into the older copy of the game and try to properly set the script this time XD.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming you are copying a script from a github page, its always a good idea to click the "Raw" button to ensure that you are copying nothing but the script text.
keithcurtis said: Assuming you are copying a script from a github page, its always a good idea to click the "Raw" button to ensure that you are copying nothing but the script text. Yup, did that.  The script is too long to display otherwise.