Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [5e][1-shot] Newbie Thursday Night – When: Thursday July 26th @ 7:00PM GMT-6 (CDT).

Edited 1532472438
[LFG] [D&D 5e] [1-shot] Newbie Thursday Night– When: Thursday July 26th @ 7:00PM GMT-6.   This game is to serve as a tutorial for new players into D&D5e. My aim here is to create an environment for new players to learn and experience D&D. I will guide each player through the creation of their Character, developing their backstory and understanding the features of your class/race choices. Then as a group delve into an official D&D module while I provide comfortable space for all to engage with the story and each other. Game Information. Schedule: Session 0. Tuesday, July 25th at 7:00pm – Late CST (Nashville, TN)  Schedule: Session 1. Thursday, July 26th at 7:00pm – Late CST (Nashville, TN) Session Length: 3-4 hours (Group size: 4-5 players Campaign Setting: Sword Coast/Forgotten Realms (standard 5e setting) Starting Level: 2 Communication: Voice via Discord. Session plan Session 0: Meet the DM and other players. Introduction to D&D and the rules. The Explanation of the Races, Magic and Religion. Character Creation. Adventure Hooks. Roll20 Mechanics. Session 1: Introduction to the Module. Setting the scene. Talking to NPCs. Investigation. Combat, Following the Leads, Exploration. Boss Battle. Tying up loss ends. Character Creation Details. D&D 5e rule set Source Materials: PHB, DMG, SWAG, XGTE, MTF. (No homebrew races or classes, I am not including Volo’s Guide races as for newer players it can be rather daunting to have so many choices.) No Evil Character. Starting at 2nd Level. Standard Array for Ability Scores Variant Humans allowed. (Possible other races with my approval) Application Template A bit about you. Age, experience, intentions, expectations, anything you want to tell me. This doesn’t need to be long just a brief paragraph of you think is important for me to know and some interests you have. Character Concept: This is simply a concept or idea for your character. It’s not necessary to give me a full detailed backstory. Keep it short, include possible race, class combinations. But keep in mind I will work with you during session 0 to complete the character. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A 5 PAGE BACKSTORY. IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR THIS GAME. What time do you live in? Do you have stable internet connect, a good quality mic and an isolated area relatively free of distraction? Do you have or are you willing to download and install Discord for communication? Please post a new application on the listing discussion below with the information filled and answered. Death in the Game If your character dies, it may not be the end. If you feel the death is just and fair then it is final and you can either create a new character or we can work some awesome thematic way to bring your character back.  In some events I also have pre-generated characters that player may use as temporary characters.
A couple spot left.  Come join up.
I'm brand new to both Roll20 and D&D. This looks perfect and fits my schedule.  I'd like to join, please send me the info to join.
This really seems interesting.  I'm a brand new player just looking to learn.  Unfortunately I am out of town this week.  Will you be doing this again next week?  hopefully so.  Anyway here is the information, even if I don't get to join up some other time I wish your group best of luck!!!!  29 year old who really just wants to find a game to learn the ropes, and potentially go into a full fledged weekly/biweekly/monthly whatever, type thing.  I want a fun environment where I can learn the game and just generally have fun!!!  I am leaning towards a human/elf type character.  Would prefer something along the lines of a traditional healer/support class maybe even a paladin type thing if that's even in d&d (again brand new so I don't really know).  Or a spell caster.  I like the idea of Druid type casters communing with nature etc... but really I'm flexible if the group needs something Id be happy to branch out and try something I wasn't expecting.   I live in GA so I'm EST.  I have a good internet connection and am familiar with Discord from my Wow days.  
Hey Solacen...I hope to be doing these a few times a month.  I'll certainly let you know about the next one. Take care.
Confused on where I should send the application template, so I'll just upload it here 19 years old, zero experience Character concept is a drunk disgraced human shaman with an attitude. Est time zone I got my little private spot for this... Already have Discord on phone and laptop
IkeelU, can let me know next time to? the only exp I have is, from watching 100+ hours of TeamFourStar play D&D on youtube. I'm 30+ and time zone is PTD