Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E ONE-SHOT MODULE: Gravelbeard's Quest

Edited 1532368265
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
My wife and I were really excited about the release of this one-shot adventure, Gravelbeard's Quest . It has been on the Marketplace for a couple of months now and we are really happy about how it has been doing.  We have been focusing on one-shots for awhile now because there seemed to be a lack of them (we do have larger adventures in the work). What better way to introduce others to D&D than to sit down and play through a story from start to finish in one evening. One-shots also make great campaign add-ons or side-treks. They also provide some art to add to your collection of tools for adventure building. We have found it very challenging to create an adventure that takes place within such a small time constraint. It is difficult to include everything, but I feel like we have done well including many of the key elements that make for a fun adventure. We open up with an easy story introduction that makes way for some fun role-playing. The PCs dive into the action quickly with a very well-planned and balanced adventure location that will challenge even the most veteran players. Top that off with a puzzle at the end that will leave your PCs wanting more, and voila... they are hooked!  We are hoping everyone is enjoying this as much as we did. We would love to hear your feedback and tales of how the PCs handled this. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Good work! I haven't had a chance to run this module yet, but I would like to. Already excited for the Puzzle part. Keep 'em coming. Happy adventuring, all.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gold said: Good work! I haven't had a chance to run this module yet, but I would like to. Already excited for the Puzzle part. Keep 'em coming. Happy adventuring, all. Thank you very much for the encouragement. Hope you get a chance to play it. If so, I would love to hear about your experience. We are working on a couple of other longer adventures as well. Can't wait to get them done. 
azuworks
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Looks really good, looking forward to adding this to my game! 
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
azu said: Looks really good, looking forward to adding this to my game!  We played multiple games of this with different groups and something crazy happened each session, so be sure to check back in and tell us about it. 

Edited 1534528181
Had a great time playing this module, some parts were challenging and we lost our mage (RIP, he died as he lived, unaware of his surroundings and falling on his ass), poor senile old man didn't see that pit behind him. The puzzle at the end was really cool, and the bonus for completing it was fabulous *audibly winks*. All in all, a great module that does what it set out to do: a quick little charming story to help get used to d&d5e, and provides enough mechanics for it to be a fun game.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Momo said: Had a great time playing this module, some parts were challenging and we lost our mage (RIP, he died as he lived, unaware of his surroundings and falling on his ass), poor senile old man didn't see that pit behind him. The puzzle at the end was really cool, and the bonus for completing it was fabulous *audibly winks*. All in all, a great module that does what it set out to do: a quick little charming story to help get used to d&d5e, and provides enough mechanics for it to be a fun game. Thanks for the awesome feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed it (despite the death of your mage). It sounds like it set out to do exactly what we intended. I am hoping others will find this as either a great introduction to 5e or side-trek adventure.  "Thanks fer yer help. I'll be tellin' others what ya have done fer us and am hopin' I can call on ya if ever I need someone as skilled as the group of ya have proven ta be." ~Gregory Gravelbeard