Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monster Manual, Volo's Guide and Tomb of Beasts broken since Charactermancer.

Edited 1532427761
Hello, I am a subscriber and have purchased the D&D 5e monster compendiums in the title for use in the games I run. Things have worked great until recently, around the time of the release of the Charactermancer I'm assuming. Now all those three resources are more or less broken for a large part, it's entirely random which monsters will actually have their information filled in and usable in the character sheet portion, with a large portion of these purchased modules no longer working as intended, making them inconsistent and unusable. I've tested this with dozens of monster entries, with a high portion of them failing. For both the recommended 5e sheets and the Shaped ones. It has been suggested to me by another user to look up the monster, drag and drop it, then open the character portion, then drag and drop the looked up monster onto the character portion. This seems to work in some cases but still feels a bit wonky and dragging a wrong item onto the sheet will mess that entry up requiring a complete reset of the gaming system used for the campaign to fix it, and that's an easy mistake to make with all the screens and things up on the screen when GMing. So this is clearly not a viable solution and a inconsistent and cumbersome multistep process is not what I paid for. Is this an issue you are aware of and is about to be addressed in an upcoming patch? Surely it's not intended to work like this? Sincerely, Styrmir.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I wouldn't assume it's a bug yet.  They work fine for me and many others.  There's something unique in your setup.  To help Roll20 figure out if there actually is a bug, you need to help them narrow down where the problem possibly is - What browser are you using - Have you tried creating a new game and see if the problem exists in the new game? - Have you gone into game settings and made sure your compendium is shared with players?  Even you don't want to share compendium with players, share it and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, that's where the issue might be.