Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

When will the charactermancer be available for Palladium Games?

Title says it all.

Edited 1532631052
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Currently the Charactermancer is in extended testing with just D&D 5e, and specifically just the SRD and Players Handbook.  The Charactermancer will slowly add in more sources for D&D 5E and once that is working as intended will branch out to other systems. In order for a system to be considered for the Charactermancer it must have a compendium and that is a matter of licensing.  As such, I've relocated this thread from Suggestions (as the Suggestions forum will never be a viable method for discussing or asking about licensing issues) to restore your vote. Once the charactermancer is out of testing, Charactermancer tools will be made available soon. After which sheet creators can do what they will with them barring any piracy or copyright infringement.  Since it will then be a matter of talking to a sheet creator to get what you desire, I've relocated this thread to Character Sheets to restore your vote.  :)

Edited 1532553809
GenKitty said: Currently the Charactermancer is in extended testing with just D&D 5e, and specifically just the SRD and Players Handbook.  The Charactermancer will slowly add in more sources for D&D 5E and once that is working as intended will branch out to other systems. In order for a system to be considered for the Charactermancer it must have a compendium and that is a matter of licensing.  As such, I've relocated this thread from Suggestions (as the Suggestions forum will never be a viable method for discussing or asking about licensing issues) to restore your vote. Thank you for the relocate... and yeah; so the answer is never (since Kevin Siembiada is even more paranoid than George Lucas when it comes to I.P.) by the looks of it.  Pity. the Character Mancer sounds lovely but it's just a slap in my face because I'll never be able to use it then (I refuse to D&D; I dropped that game ages ago and never looked back).

Edited 1532607214
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I amy be misunderstanding your response GenKitty. When you say the compendium is required for charactermancer usage, does this mean that people cant independently create charactermancer features in their own sheets, unless their game has a compendium? I was under the impression that anyone could add a charactermancer feature to their character sheets. So, relevant to this thread, someone could create their own palladium character designer using the charactermancer. Is that wrong? There's a lot of games that don't require big lists of feats and spells etc, and designing a character can be done without needed an external data source like a compendium. Would it be possible to add a charactermancer to sheets for such games?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
When I posted previously, I was conveying the information I 'knew', but it turns out I was wrong.  This happens, and I need to point out that Moderators are not Developers :) The Charactermancer tools will be made available soon. After which sheet creators can do what they will with them barring any piracy or copyright infringement.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, that's good to know. I honestly wasnt sure if I'd misunderstood the earlier release info.
Lost West Media ®
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: The Charactermancer tools will be made available soon. After which sheet creators can do what they will with them barring any piracy or copyright infringement. This is good news.  I have developed a heavily modified version of the Palladium Megaverse sheet, which already has a stat roller built in.  Once this feature is rolled out for other systems, I plan to integrate it into what I've already built.  Thanks for the update,
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dread to think of the effort needed to make a comprehensive RIFTS charactermancer, but that looks like a pretty decent sheet.
Lost West Media ®
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
G G said: I dread to think of the effort needed to make a comprehensive RIFTS charactermancer, but that looks like a pretty decent sheet. Thanks GG, this version has autocalc for the stat bonuses, lift/carry/throw, and skill % based on the stat and level value entered.  I also have a dropdown menu for all of the available spells, psionics, vehicles, weapons/armor, robots/PA, bionics/cybernetics, and even the races/classes.  There are also custom templates for each category, including combat.  I would likely have to heavily strip it back to open it up for public use. I am definitely the person for the job in terms of Charactermancer integration, specifically for this system.  I have already invested thousands of hours in sheet, template, and macro development for Rifts specifically.  Will be keeping my eyes peeled for this feature to be released.
R1 said: G G said: I dread to think of the effort needed to make a comprehensive RIFTS charactermancer, but that looks like a pretty decent sheet. Thanks GG, this version has autocalc for the stat bonuses, lift/carry/throw, and skill % based on the stat and level value entered.  I also have a dropdown menu for all of the available spells, psionics, vehicles, weapons/armor, robots/PA, bionics/cybernetics, and even the races/classes.  There are also custom templates for each category, including combat.  I would likely have to heavily strip it back to open it up for public use. I am definitely the person for the job in terms of Charactermancer integration, specifically for this system.  I have already invested thousands of hours in sheet, template, and macro development for Rifts specifically.  Will be keeping my eyes peeled for this feature to be released. *Thumbs up* Gimme a shout when / if you can go live-public with this.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
R1 said: G G said: I dread to think of the effort needed to make a comprehensive RIFTS charactermancer, but that looks like a pretty decent sheet. Thanks GG, this version has autocalc for the stat bonuses, lift/carry/throw, and skill % based on the stat and level value entered.  I also have a dropdown menu for all of the available spells, psionics, vehicles, weapons/armor, robots/PA, bionics/cybernetics, and even the races/classes.  There are also custom templates for each category, including combat.  I would likely have to heavily strip it back to open it up for public use. I am definitely the person for the job in terms of Charactermancer integration, specifically for this system.  I have already invested thousands of hours in sheet, template, and macro development for Rifts specifically.  Will be keeping my eyes peeled for this feature to be released. Interesting.  I may have to check yours out eventually and see if I would prefer a cannibalized version of it instead of the stripped down version of the megaverse sheet I am using.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks GG, this version has autocalc for the stat bonuses, lift/carry/throw, and skill % based on the stat and level value entered.  I also have a dropdown menu for all of the available spells, psionics, vehicles, weapons/armor, robots/PA, bionics/cybernetics, and even the races/classes.  There are also custom templates for each category, including combat.  I would likely have to heavily strip it back to open it up for public use. I am definitely the person for the job in terms of Charactermancer integration, specifically for this system.  I have already invested thousands of hours in sheet, template, and macro development for Rifts specifically.  Will be keeping my eyes peeled for this feature to be released. Out of curiosity, have you started playing around with the toolset that was posted in the Pro forum when charactermancer was first announced?
Lost West Media ®
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Stephanie B. said: Thanks GG, this version has autocalc for the stat bonuses, lift/carry/throw, and skill % based on the stat and level value entered.  I also have a dropdown menu for all of the available spells, psionics, vehicles, weapons/armor, robots/PA, bionics/cybernetics, and even the races/classes.  There are also custom templates for each category, including combat.  I would likely have to heavily strip it back to open it up for public use. I am definitely the person for the job in terms of Charactermancer integration, specifically for this system.  I have already invested thousands of hours in sheet, template, and macro development for Rifts specifically.  Will be keeping my eyes peeled for this feature to be released. Out of curiosity, have you started playing around with the toolset that was posted in the Pro forum when charactermancer was first announced? Hi Stephanie, yes I have started messing around a bit with it.  I will make some time this weekend to really dig in there. I don't fully get how to build a slide yet, but that's what I love about this place, all of the answers are in here :)