Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Looking for Group Function Timezones

So, I'm having a little trouble here and want to make sure I get the right time for my games. When I search for games by the LFG feature I get one time (Im assuming its the site based time) and then when I get on the campaign page I get a different time (again assuming that this is my timezone). I was wondering; 1: why the discrepancy, 2: What time the site is based in and 3: How the site determines my time zone (Ive had sites do an automatic oh you're in Australia so you are automatically AEST when I'm actually ACST which is half an hour behind (or ahead I can't remember heh))? Thanks for any help
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you provide an example of the problem (such as screenshots)? There may be a bug.

Edited 1392830194
The site accesses the timezone from your computer, there are browser functions to do that. If it's not displaying the time correctly for you, check if your timezone setting is correct. ACST is UTC+9:30 Also just checked a couple of random entries in the LFG listing, it shows them in my local time both in the overview and the details. Maybe emptying the cache of your browser or trying a different one helps? Which browser are you using? I think the IE is causing problems in some places.
Ok seems a further development, I have switched over to windows using Chrome (I have a mac and most of my time is spent in OSX, I switched to windows to use chummer) and its showing matching times. The example I was going to use was that on the campaign detail page for my VtM group it showed Thursday 12pm where the entry on the Looking For Group search showed, ummm, Wed 730pm I think. or something like that