Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Black Crusade interest check, European Time

You were betrayed. The planetary defense emplacements was much stronger than you were told. And they was not disabled, as promised. Your assault shuttle fell down to the surface, and was shot down by an AA gun. The transport turned into a deathtrap. Immense acceleration, the sound of the hull burning with friction, an abrupt stop... darkness. You crawl out of the shuttle. The wreck if surrounded by burning and broken trees. Your transport had smashed through the trees, creating a long line of tree stumps and charred ground, and skidded to a halt at the edge of a forest. The sounds of a battle echo from afar. The horizon is sometimes illuminated by far away explosions. You are momentarily blinded by a flash brighter than the light of a hundred suns. An orbiting ships reactor suffered a meltdown. There can be no mistake. The invasion failed. Karlak, the Red Corsair captain you were serving, probably went down with the Shadow Lament, the ship that brought you here. You are stranded on an imperial planet you don't even know the name of. You are anathema. You will be hunted. And if you are caught, there is only one fate - a long and agonizing death! And as if your odds were not low enough, a terrifying notion sinks in: you fell from grace. The Unholy Powers had forsaken you! This is an interest check for a Black Crusade game. Starting time: 6:30-7 PM GMT +2. Session Length: 3-5 hours. Frequency: Weekly game. Day: Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. Number of players: 3-5. Themes of the game: Sandbox style. Absolutely no railroading. The players are expected to take initiative and find troub... erm... adventures for themselves. We are on a path of glory. So I expect the characters to strive to get on their gods good side, and be hungry for something, be it the mentioned glory, power, knowledge, favor of the Gods, or something else. What should be expected of the game: 1. Characters slowly crawling to power. 2. Abiding to the Rule of Cool. 3. Story > System. 4. A fun and friendly GM (that would be me). 5. Some group dynamics mediation. A lot of Black Crusade characters are egoistical, power hungry, sociopathic, aggressive bastards. So "the voice of the gods" will sometimes be heard. I'm not saying that I will suppress any attempts of interparty conflict, just that I don't want the game to end with a pile of player character corpses on the first session. What you should not expect: 1. Me following the rules 100% of the time. 2. Railroading of any kind. 3. Perfect English from me (my English is OK, I have no trouble playing, and my first GMing experience in English was a success... players and GMs I played with claim my knowledge in enough to run a game... maybe they are just trying to be nice). 4. Detailed combat maps. Combat is not the focus of the game, and we will do a lot of hand waving and guestimating in combat. What do you need to join the game: 1. A desire to play (duh!) 2. A working microphone for voice chat. 3. A skype account (we will be using a skype conference for voice chat). 4. One free weekday. 5. You must be a fun and friendly player. 6. You must be punctual (5 to 10 minutes late is OK, as long as it does not happen every time). 7. You must know the setting at least a bit. The system is not a problem, but I found out that it's very hard to GM 40k for players that have no idea what they are getting into. Especially if the game in question is BC. 8. You must be interested in RPing your character. The game will have combat (we are playing heretics, with potential CSM), but WAAAGH is not the focus of the game. 9 You must be ready to lose your characters, probably due to actions or inaction of other characters. You must not turn IC conflict into an OOC one. Solid realization that this is only a game is a must. If you want to talk in real time, or hear my English if you are in doubt, feel free to hit me on skype. My skype name is vnergalv If you want to join, please leave a comment in this topic. It's a lot easier to keep track of applications this way. I thank everyone who gave me a couple of minutes of their time reading this wall of text.
I'd be happy to join this rather well-presented campaign, although my availability at this time is limited to friday only; thursdays are taken, and on a tuesday I simply wouldn't be able to make it. If this will happen on fridays, then I'm all up for it.
Black Crusade has it's own core book.
I can provide a pdf for whoever needs it.
Chris, are you ok with Fridays?
Maybe you should add me on skype and we will get a group chat going?
vnergalv It was in the first post.
Hello there. I would be VERY interested in playing some BC. I know the setting and rules, since I've played WH40K games before, but have yet to try BC. I've also been reading the core book for ages now, hoping for a game. When were you thinking we would start playing? As in, within two weeks or within two months? Either way, this follower of Papa Nurgle is more than happy to join other heretics on this journey.
I hope we'll start next Friday, 02/19/14. Add me in skype and I'll invite you to our skype chat and send you a link to the game.
I for one have a friend (and myself) who are interested in being characters in a BC game :D the descriptions of ourselves / characters are in the link bellow :D <a href="http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/99473-uk-west-midlands-duo-looking-to-join-a-group/" rel="nofollow">http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/99473-uk-west-midlands-duo-looking-to-join-a-group/</a> (Said characters are just out of the starting gates as it were, literally just finished character creation) :D
Recruitment is over. Thank you for your participation.
:-\ I missed this thread somehow. If there will be a future opening in the group, I'd love to get in on this.
I'll keep it in mind.
damnit.. i missed this thread? :( was perfect too... shame..