Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Aligning API buttons in description box

What do I do to align the button in the center of the description box if this is my input "[Healing](!
#BarbHealing)"?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Style is controlled by the roll template. Unless the template gives you a centering option, I don't think there's much you can do about it.
So what are my alternatives?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Like I said, they depend on your roll template, which in turn is dependent on your character sheet. If you could identify the sheet you are using and post the full macro, perhaps with screen shot, we might be able to figure something out.

Edited 1532875469
I'm using the 5e OGL sheet, just a simple attack with "[Healing](!
#BarbHealing)" posted in the description box of the attack.  #BarbHealing macro is the following.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I see your problem now. Unfortunately, the sheet output is even more difficult to modify than the roll template (though I suspect they use the same underlying code. As far as I know, you cannot insert CSS or HTML styling inside of a field, and leading spaces to fake it are collapsed. Buttons in a roll template do what they are styled to do, and in this case, be left aligned. If anyone has a cool trick to get around this, please chime in. Until then, the problem is at least purely a cosmetic one.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Jip said: So what are my alternatives? If you're the Creator of the game (or the creator of the game iswilling to use this API), and willing to abandon roll templates and hand-write all your macros, as a Pro user you can plunge into the Powercards API .  Powercards predates roll templates and does everything roll templates do -- and so much more.  Players can define their own look and feel for their macros if they and the GM wish, it isn't dependent on the GM to do the work. :)