Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Not Showing In Character "Can Be Controlled By" List

I have a character in the journal. The "Can Be Edit & Controlled By" list is missing one of my players. Let's same his name is Glen. It shows "All Players", myself and another player. Let's says his name is Sean. Glen is has a Supporter subscription and has been a member since 6/4/2012. He is listed as a member of my campaign, along with Sean. He's just not in the list of players that can be assigned to "token" management.
In these cases the issue usually is that the player in question hasn't actually launched the campaign yet (as in where the journal, maps etc. are in case it isn't clear). Any person that has not been in the active play campaign will not show up in any drop down list.
Although I doubt this an OS or browser issue, I am running Windows 8.1 x64 and Chrome 33.0.1750.117.
Mouse said: In these cases the issue usually is that the player in question hasn't actually launched the campaign yet (as in where the journal, maps etc. are in case it isn't clear). Any person that has not been in the active play campaign will not show up in any drop down list. OK. We are scheduled for our very first session on Sunday night. I will revisit the issue at that time. Thank you.
Mouse is entirely correct. Until a player has actually joined and gone into the campaign, they will not appear in the list of players. You can always set up a "splash" page that is either blank or has whatever items you'll want the players to be able to access right away and leave the players ribbon set on that so that your players can join the game ahead of time.
I have a related problem. Players that I've kicked from my campaign are still showing up in the dropdown list.
Mouse said: In these cases the issue usually is that the player in question hasn't actually launched the campaign yet (as in where the journal, maps etc. are in case it isn't clear). Any person that has not been in the active play campaign will not show up in any drop down list. Following up. This was indeed the case. As soon as all of my players actually "logged in" to my campaign, they were available in the appropriate lists.