Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Death Tracker for PC vs NPC

How do you get the  Unconscious  status marker on  Player Characters every time anyone drops to 0 it goes to the Dead X?
I think because it's scripted to treat the two the same there's nothing to be done here.  I'm pretty sure I asked a long long time about about the same issue myself and it had something to do with the limitation of the API system.  I just leave it off myself.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you have a link to the script, I can probably give you a way to mark PCs differently.  It's usually a problem of differentiating between an NPC and a PC.  The method I use in GroupInitiative is to assume that every token is an NPC/Monster, unless it meets both the following criteria: It has a controlled by It represents a character   That's fairly easy to put into a script like this if those criteria match up with your setup.
<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DeathTracker" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/DeathTracker</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm. The Readme indicates it should have this functionality already. What is your output for: !dead config
(From DeathTracker): DeathTracker Config Command: !dead HP Bar: bar 3 Dead Statusmarker: dead Uncon. Statusmarker: Unconscious marker if PC. sleepy Half Dead Statusmarker: red Change Tint Color: false Use FX: When getting damage. true FX Type: splatter-blood Use Heal FX: true Heal FX Type: glow-holy You can always come back to this config by typing `!dead config`. Reset
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I’m going to guess that your player characters are either set to controlled by ‘All’ or have multiple players set. It looks like the code has the assumption of a single player id on players. I can fix that and send a pull request to Robin.&nbsp;
It was multiple player set. Thanks for clearing that up.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool, so got it working? I’ll still try to get that fix to Robin.&nbsp;
Yep it is working, but I still think the fix would be good.