Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marketplace Sales Reporting Bug and Feedback Thread

Edited 1533679190
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for the new reporting options. It is nice to have additional granularity, options for specific date ranges, and the ability to go back more than two months. I do have some feedback: The totals in the monthly report are not correct for individual marketplace items when viewing a single month. The total dollar value of the sales for all items (in the bottom-right corner) is correct, but the total at the bottom of individual items only takes the number of sales and dollar value from the first day. When saving a PDF of the web page, the information that scrolls to the right off the page is lost. Whether for our records or as proof of sales for reporting to licensors, we need something more permanent and fixed than an Excel spreadsheet as that is too easily modified. While a PDF can be modified as well, it is viewed with less suspicion as to the authenticity of its information. Because most products have decently long titles, it only takes a few titles before the information scrolls right off the screen. If the axis were flipped, with the titles on the left and the time period across the top, the information would be in a format that fit better on the page, especially when viewing in monthly view for just 1 month. With the current arrangement, no combination of dates and options fits on a "normal" page (with the information scrolling down). This would also resemble the "old" orientation. The sorting of products has items with no sales (including items that are not for sale) on the left and items with the most sales on the right. This means you need to scroll to the right to see anything. Flipping the axis would resolve this. For those creators with multiple titles, multiple sorting options would be nice. Sorting alphabetically in addition to the current sorting by sales rank would be incredibly useful in several scenarios (such as reporting for licensors and tax records). The option to show only certain items would be a nice to have as I could then generate separate reports for different licensors. Thanks, and I look forward to seeing how this progresses in the future!
Dean
Roll20 Team
Thanks! Dev is currently looking at addressing the month bug. There are also further planned reporting updates to make your life even easier.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks, Dean. Please also consider flipping the titles and the date period as a bug as this has removed the ability to save this data for records-keeping purposes. Come September, I will not have a means of submitting sales results to licensors if the axis are not reverted to the way it was before (titles down the left, time periods across the top). :)
Dean
Roll20 Team
Thank you! This is one of the planned improvements. 
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks to the devs for fixing #1 so quickly. :)
I've encountered a bug from the roll20 stores Wizards of the Coasts monster manual. Not so much a bug perhaps but a flaw. The polar bear and perhaps a couple of other entries drag to the board feature is not working properly/not filled out. Please fix it.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mr. Jay said: I've encountered a bug from the roll20 stores Wizards of the Coasts monster manual. Not so much a bug perhaps but a flaw. The polar bear and perhaps a couple of other entries drag to the board feature is not working properly/not filled out. Please fix it. You will want to post that in the Monster Manual thread. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4602403/monster-manual-official-bug-thread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4602403/monster-manual-official-bug-thread</a> This thread is for the sales reporting feature for content creators. :)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Is there a possibility of getting the old reporting tool back as an option? There is a lot to like in the new tool, and I like where it is projected to go, but it is very poor for generating PDFs for proof of sales to licensors in this state. I had to send an A2-sized report last month to get everything to fit.